Chapter Nine: Thunders and Eventual Events

This chapter is written from Cherryl's point of view.

— — —

The sounds of thunder triggered my sleep as I woke up. It was still afternoon, and the cold shivers me as one of the windows remain open for who knows how long. My cold feet touched the tile and in an instant it shivered me more. The floor was cold and my slippers were scattered both in my kitchen and in my bathroom. I had to close the window, so I had to tiptoe all the way to the window.

When I tried to close it, a pair of strong arms wrapped me in an embrace from behind.

"Got a good sleep babe?" Ethan asked, kissing me on the cheek.

"Let me go for a moment," I glared while enjoying his presence. "I just need to close the window for a moment."

"You're really too small for this. Here," he tiptoed all the way to the open window and closed it, lessening the cold felt inside the apartment. "Much better. Anything else?"

"Letting me go?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Invalid."

"Not fair?"

"It is fair," he turned my body around and kissed my forehead. "I haven't kissed my precious lately when we sleep. Can I have a kiss from the precious?"

"Nope," I pulled a sneaky smile on him. "Not a chance."

"What about yes?" he pecked me briefly. "Satisfied?"

"You smell like drunk." I embraced him back, with my arms wrapped around his neck.

"Drunk in love?" he smiled, our foreheads now touching.

"Probably."

"You think so?"

"Yeah."

"Alright." he kissed me briefly, yet again, our foreheads still connected.

"Why do you like me this much?"

"Because I love you," he held my face. "Anything else for my love?"

"Why did I fell for you?"

"Because I fell harder."

"Even though you were a playboy before?"

"Even before. Since the moment I laid my eyes on you, I fell for you. Even if so many girls would come to me and date them, you're still on my mind."

The thunder was louder; that caused me to hug my fiancé even more. I was born scared to the thunderstorms, and gladly I have a human companion with me.

"I thought you were a strong woman!" he laughed hysterically while hugging me more.

"Shut up," I murmured. "Let me embrace you once and for all."

"There's a payment for it though," he pushed my body apart from him, still holding me. "And that is a kiss."

"Huh?!" I crossed my arms. "Not fair!"

"That's a limited opportunity though." he smirked.

"What else to offer, sweetheart?"

"A kiss. Nothing else."

"You're annoying and sweet at the same time. Can I have one?"

"I need one, not you!" he pouted.

I laughed. "You're too cute."

"The Gollum needs a kiss," he imitated it in Gollum's voice like who knows why. "Now."

"Yeah, but how about you chase me first?" I let you go and we ran around the condominium but when I got into the bedroom, he embraced me.