Chapter Four: Torn Between

This chapter is written in Ethan's point of view.

I apologize that the mature chapter you previously read was not good as it seems. I will no longer write ones, as I don't know how to write things with matured themes. I already changed it.

- - -

"Where's Cherryl?!" Shayne asked as I approached our classroom. I went to school alone the very following morning. What happened beforehand? Cherryl and I woke up at three, had a little making-out session, and I had to depart at four. We parted ways that time.

"She's about to arrive here. Don't worry, she's safe with me."

"If she's safe with you... then where is she?" Magdalena, who came from Emil's group, approached us.

"Why do you care so much about Cherryl?!" I asked.

"We're long friends, remember?" she answered. Jaiden gave her a hug and she hugged back. "How's it going, American bestie!"

"They've known each other," Marlou patted me on the back. "Cherryl and Magdalena knew each other since she transferred here."

"I felt guilty though that I belonged in Emil's group. This debate and presentation will be getting confused since my sides are all my friends!"

"Magda!" Sandra shouted. "Come over here! Emil was looking for you!"

"I got to go!" she rushed back to Emil's group.

"How are we able to beat the other side? they're literally laughing at you already!" Faith asked.

"Cherryl and I will battle it out." I looked at the door, and there's still no response nor footsteps of her.

"What's up, Ethan," Emil shouted from the other side. "Where's your little pet?" all but Magdalena on the other side laughed at me.

Idiots.

"Care about your own business, idiots!" Shayne shouted.

"You'll never win!" Emil shouted. "You guys are going down!"

I rolled my eyes and focused on how will I present the presentation.

Wait, today is the presentation?

"Class, good morning. Now we are humbled to remind you that today is the presentation day of this claim.

Same-sex marriage is a controversy that is part of the family values issue, and is related to homosexuality and marriage disputes. The affirmative side believes that legal authorities should recognize the validity of marriages between two men or two women. The opposition, on the other hand, believe that legal authorities should only recognize the validity of marriages between one man and one woman.

The affirmative side is composed of Emil Adamus, Magdalena Nazimek, Thorné Palmer, Wendy Stunner and Mateusz... I can't pronounce his name."

Magdalena just made a little wave while looking at Emil and the others.

"Przepraszam, guys..." Magdalena shyly waved at us. "I did my best..."

"On the other hand, the opposing side is composed of Ethan Pangilinan, Cherryl Joyce Mebato, Faith Sarvie Reyes, Marlou Jay Nudalo and Shayne Vianne Abellana."

"Where is she?" Marlou asked.

"I swear she was supposed to be here, or there might have been an emergency at her side." I was sweating.

"I hope she will come in time!" Jaiden manifested.

"Thanks, Jaid," Faith said. "By the way, she's on the gate checkpoint now. She's walking now on the ground."