Chapter Eleven: Ethan

This chapter is written from Cherryl's point of view.

This chapter features two songs entitled "I GUESS I'M IN LOVE" by Clinton Kane and "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz.

Some of the parts may or may not be inappropriate for the younger audiences, but I will assure you that this is a clean chapter.

— — —

Upset, frustration and regret.

However, after years of waiting, to the point where I already gave up everything just to be with Ethan —

I sometimes regret I left him.

I still love him. I still do, but sometimes all of these things just made me confused. From him cheating on me to the mess that led the rest of my friends to side with me.

I can't decide where to side. Where should I be?

Towards my friends who treated me like a family, and didn't left me when things get rough? Or Ethan who just proved to be a cheater when I heard he was with another woman, but still he loves me?

When I sat between Faith and Shay, I was questioning. I was questioning my worth. I have no idea whether to believe in them or in Ethan. I want to balance everything so that I could treat my friends and him equally.

"Guys," I spoke that night while we were at a fast-food chain. "Look, you may hate me for this... but can you let Ethan return to my life and hopefully talk to him...?"

"What?" Shay reacted. "Cherryl, that guy is a cheater. Why would you want him back?"

"I just..." I nod down, only to be comforted by Faith. "I still love him a lot."

"You once promised to us that you'll not push through?" Jaiden said. "I wonder what will happen to you if you are going to trust Ethan again."

"I've had no idea..." I murmured. "Please don't fail me for real this time..."

"You better say that to Ethan," Darwin said, drinking his iced tea. "I'm angry at him not just he cheated on you, but he was the reason why you fell from his tricks."

"Tricks on what?" Marlou asked, eating spaghetti.

"Tricks on probably letting herself enter into Ethan's life flawlessly," Faith sighed. "Five years ago, we know he could be as worse as Emil, yet she fell for him."

"How can you say so?"

"Ethan was a playboy," Marlou said. He was the only one who knew all about me and I regret not disclosing everything before he could know. "Joyce, we've known each other for several years, and I know who you are."

"I just want to know everything behind this..."

"I know," Faith wraps me in a hug. "Sometimes it's not right on what you want to do but you've made a great decision on parting ways with Ethan."

"No, we haven't broke up nor have talked to him," I said, twirling my hair.

"You better decide, Che," Shay advised. "It's now or never. Whatever your decisions might be, it will help you become a better person to think."

"I just wanted to make things very clear..." I was upset. I never knew I would resort to this moment where I would be deciding which to defend.

I can't defend either of them alone, because they are the most important people behind...

I heard somebody entering the fastfood chain. We didn't mind until ...

/Play the song for a better experience./