Chapter Two: Do We Really Love Each Other?

This chapter is written from Ethan's point of view.

— — —

Are we really friends or lovers?

I'm confused on how we treat each other. Cherryl asked if we couldn't be lovers because she has to wait until college to be in a relationship, as she pledged.

I'm no longer a playboy. I truly love her, but not just as a friend of hers, like how platonic relationships do, but truly as someone who cares for her so much. I want to be with her, but there is someone who is hindering me from doing so.

Emil.

That idiot is our foreign classmate who fell in love with her, and he wanted to steal her from me. I am not gonna allow myself to steal Cherryl from me.

She's mine.

But am I... hers?

"Ethan!" Shayne waved to me, completely poofing me from my realizations. We were in the gymnasium that Monday morning. Luckily we don't have classes on Tuesday so that I can have Cherryl all to myself. "Emil asked if he and his group could borrow Cherryl for their group to help. They needed someone for resources in exchange for Magdalena."

"Oh, hell, no! Cherryl stays here," I stern. "Emil and his company can do whatever they want, but I'm not gonna trade her. She's a very important person in this group."

"And the most important woman in the world..." I whispered to myself, and I shaked that thought off.

"You better work on the way you deliver your speech, Ethan. Better take Emil's group down!" Faith told me.

"I will, Faith. Thank you for your encouragement."

I looked upon the list of my members, that includes Cherryl and my friends. I'm glad that these friends of mine would be my shield should a fight would happen.

"Group Giga Chads
- Ethan (leader)
- Cherryl
- Jaiden
- Shayne
- Marlou
- Faith
- Jae
- Cazen
- Tres
- Reuel"

As Cherryl arrived from outside, we greeted each other with a hug, a romantic hug. We pulled away after ten or twelve seconds before we talked.

"How's the script?" she gave me a McFloat. How generous of her.

"Still having a hard time to relay on what to do." I sip a little of the McFloat.

"It's okay," she wrapped herself around me. "Take all the time in the world you need. I'll help you around, okay? I have to get the remaining lunch we have. I love you so much."

"I love you more." I squeezed her before she pulled away to get stuffs.

"Slow down, Ethan! Emil is already infuriating!" Samuel, a friend of Emil, shouted.

"Yeah, if given a chance, you might get punched in the face." Jazmin told me as well.

"Well, shut your mouths up! We are not up for a fight!" Jae shouted in defense of me.

"Will you guys just work out on whatever you are working in?!" Marlou told Jazmin.

"Oh, really, Marlou? You are a traitor! I thought you're supporting us? Why did you side with the idiots?" Emil yelled.

"It's none of your business, Emil!" Faith yelled as well. "You're a traitor to Shayne and I when we told you not to say what Shayne had been hiding and you spilled it!"

"I'm not against you all idiots. I'm against Ethan who managed to steal Cherryl from me!" Emil said, and all heads turned into me.

"Why are you blaming me?" I asked.