𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

ERLING'S POV •••

Sweat races down my forehead as I run hastily towards the ball, giving it my all to intercept it before it's too late.

I am quick enough to get the ball before Jadon gets to it, kicking it to Jack who I see to the right of me.

The whistle then blows all of a sudden, causing us players to look amongst each other as we all share a mutual state of confusion.

"The fuck is going on?" Jadon asks and I shake my head, just as confused as him, as I place my arm on his shoulder, leaning against him.

I see the referee run over to Pep who must've signalled for him to stop the match.

I watch as Pep and the referee as well as our trainers all stand around and look at us players amongst the pitch.

I watch as their eyes then see me, nodding to each other, before the referee runs in my direction.

"They look like they want you," Jack says, his hands on his waist as he catches his breath.

"Haaland! Here!" The referee beckons me over to him.

I furrow my eyebrows as I break into a light jog towards him.

"What's wrong? What's happening?" I ask, worst thoughts getting the best of me.

"Your girlfriend.." The referee begins, panic rising before he can even finish.

"Is she okay? She isn't hurt is she? Is our baby okay?" Question after question escape my lips.

"She's in labour, so you need to get to the hospital asap. You're gonna be a father today, son," He said with a wide smile as he patted me on the shoulder, I let out a big sigh which soon turned into a huge bright smile.

"Everything okay?" Jack asks, a hand placed on my shoulder.

"My baby boy is coming, I'm gonna be a dad," I speak proudly as Jack brings me into a hug.

"Congrats brother, make sure that our Ades is okay. Let us know when he is born," Jack requests and I nod before jogging off towards the tunnel, players from both teams congratulating me on the way there.

Pep pats my back and wishes me good luck to which I give him a grateful smile before I run towards the changing room, throwing off my boots and putting on my regular trainers and grabbing all my essentials.

I quickly leave the stadium and run to my car, opening it and starting the engine, pulling out of the car park and driving to the hospital.

The drive to the hospital from Etihad is only a short distance but feels like hours in my head as I pray that I don't get caught in traffic or red lights.

The music that sounds throughout the car stops and is replaced by my phone ringing. I look at the contact to see that it is my dad ringing me so I press the answer button on the wheel.

(Italics are them speaking Norwegian but I'm writing it in English)

"Hello?"  I speak firstly.

"Son? What has just happened? Is everything okay? We were watching the match and saw what happened," He asks with concern laced in his voice.

"Adelaide is in labour, so I was sent off the pitch so I can go and be with her," I inform him, my lips curving upwards as I think about how my life will change in the next few hours.

"Son that's amazing! We're going to be grandparents and you're going to be a father yourself, a good one at that! Make sure she is okay and remember that whatever she says, she is correct. Always. Don't make the same mistake I did the first time round," My dad gives me tips as I hear my mum bickering with him.

"She is always right. Got it," I take a mental note.

"Well, I'm nearly at the hospital," I inform him, a hint that I am going to have to end the call.

"Alright, son. Send our love to Adelaide and we want lots of photos when he is born. We will fly over as soon as possible," dad speaks.

"We will come to you. I know Adelaide is very adamant on the baby being involved in his roots, and the rest of the family will want to see him too," I explain and my dad praises Adelaide.

"She's a good woman for you son, I hope she's the one for you," Dad speaks and I smile.

"I don't doubt that she won't be," I say finally before bidding goodbye when I see the hospital come into my vision.

This is it. My whole life is about to change.

And I am prepared for anything that comes my way as long as I have Adelaide beside me.