𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗢𝗻𝗲

My life has changed so much within the last few hours. And for the better.

I am now a mother, something which I didn't ever expect to be privileged with.

But God decided to grace me with a beautiful gift that I will forever cherish with my whole heart.

I know that it won't be easy and I won't do everything perfectly, but I will learn as I go along. And with the love of my life beside me the whole way.

I don't know what I would have done without Erling supporting me the whole way through, and I can't thank him enough for it.

Our baby is one day old and Erling has such a natural touch with him, maybe because of how much features they share with each other.

He has Erling's platinum blonde hair, I know my hair is blonde but not as much as his, and he had his bright blue eyes. But he does have my nose and skin tone.

I look to the side of me to see Erling shirtless with our son laid across his chest with just a nappy on, bonding by skin-to-skin.

"He's perfect," Erling whispers, so he doesn't wake him up.

"He is," I agree.

A light knock is heard from the door which has become a normal occurrence within the past twenty four hours as nurses come in to check on me and the baby, making sure we are both okay and noting down health notes on him.

A nurse walks in with a clipboard as she stands just next to the door.

"Just a quick question we are required to ask: have you got a name for baby Haaland yet?"

I look at Erling who also looks at me, nodding at me as I do the same.

We have been adamant on this name for our baby since I was seven months pregnant. The name took over our hearts and we both held a bond towards it.

I knew as soon as he was born that the name we picked was the one for him, as if the future sculptured him to fit the name perfectly.

"We do."

The nurse smiles before saying, "that's wonderful, may I know the name so I can write it on the birth certificate?"

"His name is Arlo Elias Haaland."

"What a stunning and unique name," the nurse compliments before jotting the name down and leaving.

Erling stands up slowly and carefully as he walks over to my bed, placing Arlo onto my chest.

He takes his phone out and snaps multiple photos of us before grabbing an outfit for Arlo.

Erling hands me a onesie and matching mittens and hat as I lower Arlo down to rest on the mattress, placing him in between my legs as a barrier.

I carefully change him as he steers around and I cradle him in my arms.

I stare at the baby below me as I run my fingers gently over his features.

"kjærlighet."

I look up to see Erling stood with a black velvet box in his hands, my eyes widen as I look up at him.

"Now, this isn't a proposal. I think it is a bit too early for that," he chuckles and opens the box to reveal a stunning silver ring with a diamond stood elegantly in the middle of the band.

"I want to give you this ring as a promise. A promise that I will always protect and care for you and our baby boy, as well as a couple of more children in the future possibly. A promise that one day I will propose to you and we will tie the knot, because I can't see my life without you in it. You're my rock and my whole entire fucking world and I love you with my whole entire soul," Erling speaks with love and meaning in his voice. He means it. I know he does.

I watch as he takes out the ring and places it on my finger, bringing my hand up to his lips and kissing the ring. Sealing a promise with a kiss.

"I love you so much," I whisper and kiss him with so much passion as another way of expressing my love to him.

"Jeg elsker deg mye min kjære."

THE END.