𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

I grip onto Lily's hand for dear life as I hunch over my crossed legs in pain, another shooting pain running along my spine.

"Where the fuck is Erling?" I say as my tears begin to brim in my eyes.

As if we are in a movie, the hospital door bursts open to reveal a muddy and erratic Erling Haaland.

"Oh baby," He says as he walks over to me and immediately pulls my face into his toned torso, allowing me to cry the stress and pain away.

I pull away not long after as another contraction comes through, Lily reminding me to do my breathing exercises to relieve the pain.

"Hello Adelaide, are we ready to have this baby?" The midwife asks me as I slump back onto the pillows.

"Yes, I can't deal with this pain anymore," I groan and she smiles at me.

"It'll all be over soon. Are these your chosen people to be here for the birth?" She asks me once again and I nod, Lily looks down at me confused.

"Are you sure you want me here?" She asks and I frown at her.

Lily and I have been best friends since we were in primary, we've been inseparable ever since. I could not thing of anyone else who I want by my side right now other than my best friend and boyfriend.

"You're my best friend and I love you so much, why wouldn't I want you here?" I question rhetorically, causing Lily to smile and plant a kiss on my cheek.

"You sentimental bitch," She laughs as she wipes the stray tears away from her eyes.

"It's the hormones," I blame it on.

The midwife then comes over to me and sits on a stool at the bottom of the bed.

"Can you open your legs for me please, Adelaide, so I can check how many centimetres dilated you are?" She asks and I follow her orders.

After a minute or two she pulls her chair backwards and removes her gloves as she grabs the clipboard hanging on the bottom of the bed, writing somethings down.

"Well, you are eight centimetres dilated already from what I can see. You need to be at ten centimetres before we can begin the birthing process, but I don't think it'll be too long before you get to ten," She informs me.

"How long do you think it'll take?" I ask.

"Maybe around an hour to two hours at the latest, this baby wants to get out of there from what I can see," she smiles at me once again before telling us that she will be back in half an hour to check on me again.

"Seems like you'll be out of here soon," Lily says as she sits on one of the chairs in the corner of the room, Erling taking a seat on the lounge chair under the window.

"I hope so," I say with a sigh, rubbing my swollen belly that has many patches over it which connect to monitors.

"What do we even do now?" Erling asks.

"Just wait I guess," Lily shrugs.

We talk amongst ourselves about the baby and our plans for when I get discharged from the hospital as well as Lily updating me on the latest drama she's heard about.

• 𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗹𝘆, 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀 | 𝙀.𝙃 • ✔ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें