29. Bolt Vs Surtr

Bolt Pov

I went to open the door. Now it was evening.

I took a deep breath. Then I opened the door to see Boruto and Kawaki watching TV.

It seems Father told Kawaki about me but He didn't say about me to Amado. It's a good thing I need to talk with that Fox later.

Then I saw Scathach-skadi who sat under Fan. When she saw me She gave a Cold look to me like I took her Food.

Who cares

Then I saw a Himawari and My mom. I thought to teleport somewhere. I can't show my face. I am a failure. I froze on the spot. I was staring at the ground.

Then she came near me with Hima.

She lifts my head with force.

"What happened to your Eye," She asked with worry tone.

I almost forgot about this sweet voice. How many years have I asked the world to hear this voice? I can't control if I am in front of my mother.

"...Lady... Haa... Yeah... In a... Fight... With... Shinobi... Someone hit my face and I got this scar... Hahaha," I said and tried to hide my face and didn't make eye contact with Mom.

"the future hasn't been kind to you was it ?"

It hit like a lighting attack, Mom goes to the point judging from my appearance

"What are you saying, ma'am? I'm not from the future?"

I already saw the future why I'm running away? Yes, I just failed to protect them.

"I can tell who are you Boruto. A mother can identify her children" She said with a smile that I had forgotten. Hima didn't understand.

"I'm from future mom. I want to talk with you." I said but my voice didn't come out clearly. Then I fell to my knees and hugged my sister.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry," I said repeatedly.

"I didn't understand mister," She said innocently.

My mom hugged both of us.

"It's okay, we can talk right," she said.

"I missed you Mom", she immediately realized what that meant for her.

Seeing us everyone felt how much pain I went through. Mainly Boruto and Skadi.

Then I used magic to make Boruto, Kawaki, and Hima sleep.

Then I talked with Mom until it became night. I didn't even realize the time has passed and Skadi just watching us.

Seeing me like this and hearing my story, Mom started to cry, it must've broken my mother's heart to hear me say it because she knows I must have gone through such tremendous pain, loss, and failure to feel this way.

"Bolt, it's not your fault. Sob"

"Yeah, Mom, but that regret and guilt left in me. I can't find peace" This is the reason why I didn't become a true god.

"But you saved many people's lives and didn't give up right," She said. And patted my head.

"I'm proud of you Bolt," I smiled.

Seeing us Skadi also smiled

"Why did you look thin? Sit here I made enough food! Eat now" Then I eat my mom-made food. I no longer need to eat but I eat. After finishing the food I sat in the hall

"I will cook food again for them," she said.

"It seems you became normal, Human" Skadi said to Mom.

"Yes," My mom said. She was slightly taken back for calling her a 'human' at least better than a 'young one'.