1

Kamari T'amir Hightower | 17 | Kam

Kamari just walked into the double doors of her school of the district she's been in since birth. It was mid school year and she was in 11th grade.

She walked in and was greeted by her friend Trinity, she gave her a hug. "Hey boo." Kamari smiled.

"Hey." She spoke softly , as usual.

Kamari rode the bus to school with her friends, Amber, Myah, Jaylyn, and Ziyona. They all walked towards the cafeteria and walked in as a group.

They went to the table and Kamari left her friends and went into the line after she dropped her backpack at the table. She stood waited in line and started checking her instagram.

As the line moved forward she saw her favorite lunch lady, Miranda.

"Hey Miranda girl." She greeted the lunch lady as she moved grabbed a tray.

"Hey Kamari." She smiled back and waved as Kamari moved out the line with cereal and a juice.

After Kamari left the line she instantly went to the trash and dumped everything besides her juice. She went back to the table and saw Jaylyn and Myah sitting down while the other girls got in line.

She started drinking her juice as the cafeteria got more crowded. After a few minutes the rest of the girls came to the table and they all sat down and ate.

"I got brownies today." Trinity beamed as she opened her backpack and they all reached in the get one.

"I bit off one too, I just don't know which one." She stated as Kamari and Yona laughed at Jaylyn who had the bit off brownie.

"Grab another one."

"I got 47 more days until I'm out of that shit." Jaylyn groaned talking about ALE, she was in there until almost the end of the year.

"That's a long time." Myah made a yikes face.

"I know right." Kamari agreed as she tossed her empty juice cup on Yona's tray.

Kamari's notification sound went off notifying her that someone texted. She put her phone on Sleep mode and checked the message. It was from another playboy in her school, texting her in vanish mode. She closed her phone and sighed.

Just then the bell sounded and crowds formed as people rushed out the cafeteria doors. The group stood up and they all began to separate. As Kamari walked up the stairs she checked her phone to see if her boyfriend texted her, he didn't, and she sighed deeply before she put her phone into the side of her backpack and walked into the classroom.

The room started to fill slowly as she sat in the second row, where she usually sat with Trinity.

Trinity came in with another group of people and sat beside Kamari as the other people found a seat. The teacher then started to give her lesson.

As the class went on and everyone was taking notes Kamari and the boy behind her were throwin insults back and forth because that's what they do usually.

The door opened and everyone's heads went to the look at who opened it. It was the superintendent with a boy.

"This is Mr.Johnson, he's a new student here, make him feel at home, this is your first period, I'm pretty sure your classmates will help you find the rest. Take a seat." She said as he walked to the back row and sat down.

"Alright, Ms.Tate, you can continue." The superintendent said as she closed the door behind her as she left.

Kamari shook her head as she turned around and noticed Ziyona, Amber, Trinity, and Myah snickering and smiling while taking glances at the new boy.