The New Girl (Wednesday)

"Ugh." Wednesday grunted as she lunged with her saber. She hit Bianca's side, earning her her third point. 

"Keep this up and you'll be captain soon." Bianca commented as she removed her helmet. "As sad as that is for me... I got to admit you deserve it."

"That's a lot, coming from you." Wednesday replied, taking off her own helmet. "You've changed."

Bianca shrugged. "Well, it sounds like you already know why." Then she walked off.

Wednesday had had a vision of her and her mom arguing a while back. It looked like something bad, and she hadn't seen who won. Evidently she had her answer. 

She sighed and returned her protective fencing gear to it's bag. She was in a bad mood. 

As it turns out, Enid and Wednesday weren't allowed to be in a dorm alone together if they were dating. So, now the new girl was living with them. Her bed was added above Enid's, because the faculty knew Wednesday would probably kill the girl if she was on Wednesday's side.

It's not like they were planning on doing it every night. But there was nothing worse than living with someone you hadn't met before. 

After fencing, Wednesday went to assess the damages. 

Enid and the girl were on their beds, since they didn't have any after-classes engagements. The room didn't look that different, except for some unfamiliar luggage and the bunk-bed that Enid was now sharing with the girl. 

Wednesday stared as Enid jumped up off the bed and ran toward Wednesday with a smile still on her face. Apparently she'd already made friends with Cassandra Nyx.

"Wens! You're back!" She hugged Wednesday, but then quickly jumped out again. "Oops, sorry, I forgot to limit the physical contact."

"Understandable, considering it's you." Wednesday replied, then looked up at Cassandra. 

"Hi." She said. She had a thick British accent. "I'm Cassandra Ny—"

"I know." Wednesday replied. Cassandra looked confused. 

"You were introduced to us in first period." Enid explained. Cassandra nodded, looking a bit more calm.

"Okay." She said. "Well, I'm a shape-shifter. This is what I actually look like, promise. And, to be honest, I'm not a really good shape-shifter either."

"Make yourself look like me." Wednesday order. She wanted to see for herself. 

"I'll try." She replied, slipping down to the ground. She stepped closer and scanned Wednesday, then closed her eyes. Both Wednesday and Enid watched as Cassandra turned her hair black and skin pale and slowly started to look like Wednesday.

She opened her eyes. "There you go."

"Yeah, you're right." Enid said, examining Cassandra-in-Wednesday-form's features. "The eyes aren't quite right. Neither is the chin. But still, really good!"

"You think so?" Cassandra turned back into herself. 

"Yeah, I think so!" Enid grinned, and Cassandra smiled back. Wednesday watched as they started talking about their idols when it came to their abilities. She walked over to her side and sat down at her typewriter. 

As she started typing, she felt another foreign feeling bubble up in her. She'd felt it last year, too. When Enid had moved out for a while. She'd just thought it was a feeling of social interaction, since she had also felt it at random times as well.

But when she thought about it, really thought about it, she realized something. It hadn't been the misery of social interactions. 

It was the feeling of jealousy.

- - -

Gotta add some drama :) It's school there has to be drama.

Please like, subscribe, and comment. If this was a YouTube video. But it's not, so please vote, follow me, and share this story with other people!

Thank you all!

-VictoryGreen8