Demands & Threats (Wednesday)

Wednesday was still trying to figure out what happened when she heard someone approaching. When her blindfold was torn off, she made sure she was wearing her best glare.

The woman was back again. This time she wasn't wearing a mask. Now that Wednesday had a better view of her, she was looking very familiar.

The woman sat on a chair she'd dragged in and glared back at Wednesday.

"Here's what's going to happen-"

"Oh stop your weak demands and threats." Wednesday interrupted. "Pettiness is not a good look on you."

The woman's face soured. "You're the one who's tied to a chair and I'm the one who's not. You're not in the position to make demands."

"Neither are you," Wednesday replied. "How long do you think you have until Bianca comes for you? I'm assuming she knows nothing of this little play you're cast in."

The woman's eyes widened. "How did-"

"Yes, I know you're Bianca's mother." Wednesday was glad she was right. It gave her an advantage. "Does she still think you're scamming teens through a so-called self help app?"

"None of that matters," Bianca's mother regained herself. "What matters right now is your cooperation."

"Oh, yes, because the victims of kidnapping are always open to full cooperation with their kidnappers." Wednesday's voice dripped with sarcasm.

Bianca's mom gritted her teeth. "I don't have time for your little games."

"Then you should play your part better. How did you get sucked into this anyway?"

"That's enough," A voice came from the door. A man was stepping through. He looked kept up, and wore a tuxedo like he was going to a wedding. Or a funeral. He turned to Bianca's mom. "You can leave now."

She got up and nodded, leaving silently. The man's eyes followed her out the door, but his body was faced towards Wednesday. The door closed.

"Not many ravens are able to form that emotional tie you demonstrated earlier." The man said to Wednesday. He smiled and sat down in the chair.

"Not many people are able to pull off a successful kidnapping of me."

The man smiled coldly and reached up to slick back his blond hair some more. "Consider it a challenge."

"I do."

"Well then, let's get to it." He crossed his legs and settled into the chair. "To be frank, I'm quite impressed with your handle on your physic ability. Though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. From what I've heard, you're quite special."

"Or clinically challenged. I've heard that as well." Wednesday interrupted.

"You're just rare, is what you are." The man answered with another cool smile. "And we need you for our tests. And you can either cooperate and we won't kill you or your little girlfriend, or you can resist and you'll end up dead. Either way, I get what I want. So choose quickly."

Wednesday narrowed her eyes. "What kind of tests?"

"The test of the Ravens."

"Nothing ominous about that."

"Well, there is a chance of dying. And in the end you may find yourself actually clinically challenged, but it will benefit me. You'll be finding your way through time to solve something I need solved. And that requires talent. So far, you're the only one who has the potential to do it."

Wednesday thought for a moment. "Bianca's mother. She said 'I almost reached it'. What did she mean?"

"She'd greatly under-experienced and had no idea what she was referring to. You'll learn soon enough."

Wednesday huffed. "If you so much as lay one grubby little finger on-"

"Calm down. I'm a man of my word." He sat up straighter. "Enid Sinclair will come out unharmed as long as you cooperate."

"Fine. I'll go along with your strenuous snafu of a plan." Wednesday pressed her lips together. She hated giving in.

"Stop seething," The man said as he got up and went to the door. "I'm no monster."

It didn't stop Wednesday from gritting her teeth once the door was slammed shut behind him.

- - -

Okay, this time I have a few more chapters written and I have them scheduled to go out every week or so, so you won't have to wait as long! It feels nice being prepared.

Make sure to vote, comment your thoughts, and follow me! Love you all!

-VictoryGreen8