Chapter 5: Explanation

Y/N's POV

     "So where do you wanna go for breakfast?" you asked Garou, who was yawning beside you.

     He wiped his eyes and shrugged. "I don't know," he said. "Anywhere that has food." You chuckled at his response.

     "That won't be too hard then."

You walked in the direction of one of your favourite brunch places, still thinking about what happened. All that got you was a bigger headache. I guess I'll find out soon enough...and I gotta admit I'm really curious now, you thought, nudging Garou's arm. He flinched at the touch.

     "Hey," you said. "Does that place look ok to you?" His eyes followed in the direction that your arm was pointing.

     He blinked. "Yup, looks good to me," he affirmed. You nodded and continued to walk in the direction of the place.

Suddenly, you began thinking. Wait...does he even have money if he was sleeping in the slums? You asked yourself, then realized your own stupidity. Of course he does, wow Y/N you're so dumb sometimes. He came for icecream twice. You kinda need money to do that.

     You were beginning to suspect that the lack of sleep was catching up to your old brain. Either way, since he looks so roughed up I'll treat him, you thought, finalizing your decision.

As you walked through the door, your nostrils were invaded with the scent of freshly brewed coffee, cookies that were most likely straight out of the oven, and sizzling bacon. Strangely enough, the different smells didn't even mix badly, so instead of making you nauseous with that combination, it made you feel warm on the inside. This place makes me feel so..at peace, you thought, reminiscing about your childhood. Your grandfather used to work at this restaurant, so it was special to you.

"Order whatever you want," you said to Garou, handing him your credit card. "I'm gonna go find a place to sit."

     He glanced at you with a confused look written on his face. "Don't you want anything?" he asked. You hummed, breaking eye contact to look at the menu.

     "Nah, I'm ok," you replied. "I'm kinda nauseous right now anyway." At this, he scoffed.

     "Ok," he said.

     What's his deal? you silently wondered as you walked towards an empty table. As you sat in one of the two chairs, you watched Garou order. He stood there, talking to the person taking his order. The guy he's talking to is kinda cute...you thought. He had to have been decently new, as you had never seen him before.

     As you were in a trance thinking about the guy, Garou walked towards you, hands in his pockets. As he sat down, he handed you your card back. "Here," he muttered.

     You reached for it, replying with a simple, "Thanks." Since neither party was making any effort to start a conversation you continued to sneak glances at the waiter, who was now walking around, handing people their food and beverages. At one point, you saw him smile at a customer.

     Wow...he's actually gorgeous. You began almost debating whether or not you should ask him for his number.

A lightbulb went off in your head. When Garou's food comes, maybe he'll be the one to bring it. You couldn't suppress a mischievous grin at the thought. When Garou noticed, he frowned judgementally at you.

     "What's with your face?" he asked. You blinked, turning your focus to the man in front of you.

     "Oh, uh, nothing," you said as your cheeks heated up.