Chapter 12: Desperation

TW!!!!!
blood,
gore,
torture,
pain,
etc.

Y/N's POV:

     You slowly opened your eyes, finally waking up. Where am I...

     You were up against a wall, your arms chained up above your head and your bare feet dangling, barely brushing the cold floor. You were bloodied, bruised, tired. Your pants were torn in many areas, and you had all sorts of cuts on your arms. Your lips were dry and cracked, your throat parched. I'm in some sort of cell...chained up, you realized.

     I have to get out, you thought frantically. You began struggling against the chains, trying to break free. It was pointless. After a few minutes, you stopped, exhausted and with new wounds on your wrists. Fresh blood oozed down your arms as you panted. You felt warm blood trickle down your body. There was a lump in your throat and tears in your eyes. No! you thought hysterically. Your breathing was becoming strangled and panicked.

     A desperate tear slipped down your cheek, falling off your chin and onto the floor. You watched it splatter. In the distance, you heard noises. Listening closely, you realized it was screaming. Human screams. Disgusted, you quickly tuned out the sounds, focusing instead on trying to calm yourself. Nevertheless, it was hopeless. You couldn't cry out for help, the lump in your throat was too large. The only sound you could emit was a pathetic whimper.

     What if I die here?

     Someone...please save me. Please...

     Garou...

Garou's POV:

     Making his way back to the Monster Association's lair, he formulated a plan in his head. Find Y/N and the kid. Then get out. Simple enough, he thought. He was infuriated with himself for letting his guard down and letting Tareo get abducted. And Y/N...

     If they hurt her, I'll kill them all.

     He was now walking through one of the corridors in the lair. Further along, he could hear sounds of people screaming. Garou quickened his pace, making his way over to the sounds. As he reached the source of them, he searched for any signs of the kid or Y/N. Neither of them were found, only some other humans being tortured by monsters. He gritted his teeth and moved along.

     After awhile, he reached a cell. It was completely dark inside, but he could sense that there was a human inside. Upon sensing his arrival, the human began to hyperventilate and mumble to themself.

"No, no, no, please no. I can't die here," the person said in a high-pitched, frantic tone. Garou's eyes widened. I found her.

     "Y/N?" he asked, gripping onto the bars of the cell. The panting came to a halt.

     "...Garou? Is that you?" the familiar voice inquired with a shaky voice. She's alive! A huge weight was lifted off his shoulders, and he quickly broke through the cell door. As his eyes adjusted to the dark, he saw that Y/N was chained up.

     "I'm going to get you out of here," he assured her.

     Y/N choked on a sob. "Garou..."

     Breaking her free from the chains, the woman practically fell onto him. She was clearly in a weakened state and wouldn't be able to stand. Garou enveloped her into an embrace, holding her up with his arms. "Y/N," he said quietly. "What did they do to you?" Taking note of the drying blood all over her, as well as her shredded clothing, he clenched his jaw. The woman in his arms hiccuped.