Chapter 10: Again

GUYS LOOK AT THE PICTUREEE😫
manga Garou>>>>>

Timeskip

Garou's POV:

He was surrounded. On every side of him, there was a hero. Eight of them in total. Man, the timing couldn't be worse.

     Garou took a laboured breath. His fever had not yet broken and he was in agony. I can do this, he assured himself. These guys are all weak. Looking back and forth between the heroes, he took a fighting stance.

     And thus, the fight began. One after the other, all of the heroes mercilessly attacked Garou until they realized that they didn't stand a chance, despite Garou's severely weakened state. Even after coming to this realization, the heroes stood their ground. What a pain.

One by one, Garou defeated the heroes, showing them only enough mercy to spare their lives. Finally, the last one hit the ground. By this time Garou was panting and couldn't see straight. I need water...he thought.

Nevertheless, the fight was not yet over. As Garou was trying to catch his breath, a new hero arrived. This time, it was a strong one. Garou groaned, wanting nothing more than to just rest and be done for the day. However, that wasn't an option. Guess I gotta deal with him.

     The hero in front of him was Demon Cyborg, a Class S hero. Normally, this would have been fun for Garou, but in this case he had completely worn himself out. Nevertheless, he stood his ground. By this time, the kid had already ran away. Great, now Tareo hates me too. Just what I needed, he thought.

     After a few minutes of fighting, a number of monsters appeared. They offered their help to Garou, but there was no way he would accept. The thought of their organization disgusted him as much as the heroes did. Why can't these stupid monsters just leave me alone?

     Just when Garou thought things couldn't get worse, two more heroes arrived. Silver Fang along with his brother, Bang. You've gotta be kidding me. Garou's hair was stained red and one  of his eyes was bloodshot. I'm not sure how much longer I can do this. With a humongous centipede monster lingering in the backround of the scene, he was only further annoyed.

Before their fight had even properly begun, Garou was suddenly grabbed by a giant bird, and carried up into the sky. He tried to protest and loosen himself out of its grip, but he gave up, exhausted. He hung there, waiting to see where it would take him.

(A/N: Ok now we're gonna start getting into some manga stuff, so I should probably warn you about spoilers. However, just a heads up, it's been awhile since I've read the manga, so my retelling of it might be rough)

Meanwhile
Y/N's POV:

     Something felt off. You didn't know what it was this time, but there was something wrong.

     You were at home, where you mostly were after the incident with Garou a few weeks ago. As much as possible, you avoided going out in public, because you did not want to see him again. Not yet. You weren't sure if you ever would want to face him again. I just can't believe he would do this.

     You sighed, getting up from the armchair you had made yourself comfortable on. You looked out the window, taking in the colours of the sunset. The oranges, the purples, and all the colours in between didn't erase the numbness you felt. That's how you felt for the majority of the time these days.

     Although your brother constantly checked up on you, asking if you were ok, you had yet to open up about what had happened. I wish he would stop worrying so much, you thought. It was sweet that he cared, but he was overdoing it. You loved your brother, you really did, but he was so overprotective sometimes.

      Where is he anyway? You wondered. He had gone on some sort of hero job thing, but he said he wouldn't take too long, and yet he had been gone since early morning. I probably shouldn't start worrying yet, you figured, walking over to the fridge. You opened it, looking for a snack. However, you found yourself nauseous, so you closed it.

You went back to the armchair, taking out your phone. Lately, you had been scrolling on social media a lot more. Every now and then, a post or video of relationships or love would come up. When it did, your chest ached. I'm not sure what exactly it is, but I felt more than just friendly love around Garou.

You groaned, switching off your phone. You gripped your chest, willing the feeling to go away. You still felt as if something was seriously wrong, but you couldn't figure out why. Did something happen to my brother? you asked yourself, but quickly banished the thought. You didn't need to worry even more right now.

     You stood up once again, feeling restless. I should make a cup of chamomile tea. That should calm me down, you decided. You took deep breaths, trying to relax.

     While you waited for the water to heat up, you stood by a window, staring at the darkness enveloping the sky further with every minute. The sun was almost completely set, but the sky was still brilliantly coloured. Suddenly, you felt a tear roll down your cheek. You sighed, turning away from the window and wiping your cheek as another tear fell.

     Two tears, you counted. Only two, no more. Deep down, you still felt anguished. It would take a lot more than just two tears to make you feel better. You poured your tea, trying to think of different things.

     After finishing your tea, you decided to call it a night and go to bed. I'm sure he'll be back soon, you assured yourself. However, just then, your brother walked through the door.

     "Hey," he greeted you. He looked tired, but unhurt. That's relieving, you thought to yourself.

     You walked over to him, giving him a tight hug. "Took you long enough," you lightly scolded. He let out a breath of a laugh.

     "Yeah, sorry about that. I'll explain myself tomorrow, okay? Right now I want a hot shower and my bed." You agreed, and went to bed.

                                           •

1:38am:

     Going to bed is one thing, but falling asleep is another, you thought, turning over in your bed once again. You had dozed off once, but had a nightmare. In the nightmare, you were getting chased by Garou, who had morphed into a hideous monster. Beyond that you couldn't remember much, but it was enough to unsettle you.

     Alright, I'm fine, you breathed deeply, calming yourself. You sat up, focusing on your breathing for a few moments before laying back down.

     Finally, sleep claimed you.

     So peaceful...

                                            •

                                            •

A/N: ngl I'm nervous about the next section of the story. Wish me luck, yall, with writing it 😭🙏. I REALLY hope it turns out good. Also sorry about the less frequent updates lately. yk, its getting closer to christmas which is stressful and busy. not sure when ill start updating more often...but thank you for your patience!

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!<3 love y'all