Chapter 7: Chaos

Timeskip

Y/N's POV

Man...after having to evacuate, it's amazing that our apartment is still in perfect condition, you thought, putting the essentials that you had taken out to bring to the shelter back where they belonged.

The order to evacuate had shocked you, until you looked out the window and saw utter chaos not far in the distance. Your brother had tried to convince you to let him go and fight, since he had passed his hero exam and was now a Class B hero, but you wouldn't let him.

"It's way too dangerous!" you had said. "You're only a Class B, you wouldn't stand a chance!" After some more negotiating, which had really just been arguing, you were able to convince him to evacuate with you. Now, in the evening, you were able to come back home.

      Unfortunately, the ice cream shop you worked at had been destroyed, so now you were out of a job. You sighed. What am I gonna do now? You wondered. When you had first found out, you were shocked. Honestly pretty upset too. That place had been special to you. It's gonna be hard to find a new job that I genuinely enjoy, you thought, finishing with the unpacking. You made your way over to the fridge, in the mood for some chocolate milk. As you took the jug of milk out, your brother entered into the apartment.

"Hey," he greeted, sounding exhausted. He had been put on cleanup duty along with many, many, of the other heroes.

  "Hi," you returned, pouring a second glass of milk for him as he practically fell onto the couch. Walking over to sit with your brother, you handed him his glass.

"Thanks," he mumbled. You just nodded.

"Long day?" You asked. He sighed.

"Very. I'm starting to think I'm in bad shape," he replied. "Maybe I'll have to start working out," he wondered aloud.

You shrugged. "Probably wouldn't hurt," you told him. He sighed again.

     After a bit more conversing and drinking chocolate milk, you and your brother both decided to call it a day and hit the sack. After doing your night routine, you collapsed onto your bed, pulling the blankets up to your chin and closing your eyes. Not surprisingly you were exhausted too. What a day...you thought, before falling into a deep sleep.

Next Morning

You woke up the next morning, feeling refreshed. You checked the time. 9:21am? Wow, I really slept good, you thought, yawning. You sighed and threw off your blankets, standing up. As you walked out of your room and into the bathroom, you heard a noise. After some brainstorming, you finally came up with the answer to what it was: your brother was quietly watching TV.

Did he have it so quiet so I wouldn't wake up? you wondered. Aww how sweet.

     After you finished in the bathroom, you walked into the living room to see what your brother was watching. The news? You were initially confused before you remembered the events of the previous day. Oh, I guess it makes sense, you thought. You joined him on the couch, any thoughts of breakfast momentarily forgotten.

"Did I miss anything interesting?" You asked him, watching the news reporter babble about the estimated repair costs for the city.

  "Nope. This is pretty much all that's been mentioned so far," he replied, smacking the top of his head, where a fly was buzzing.

"That's kinda boring," you mumbled to yourself as you stood up. "I'm gonna go make breakfast, you want anything?" you asked your brother.

"No, I already ate," he said with a yawn.