Chapter 8: Confrontation

Y/N's POV

     I can do this, you thought, trying not to make your fear obvious. All I have to do is ask him a simple question.

     Throughout the entire day, you had been debating whether you would even come. In the end, you decided to, even though you were internally terrified. You hadn't yet told your brother anything, which made the thought of dying without an explanation even scarier.

At the moment, you were trying to push those negative thoughts to the back of your mind. Garou was walking right beside you, and you were beginning to think he sensed your fear. You glanced at him from the corner of your eyes, trying to read his expression and body language. I can't read this guy! you internally growled.

     He looked at you. "What?" he asked, annoyed.

     You looked back at the ground. "Nothing," you replied. Suddenly, you shivered. The night air had turned cold, not overly so, but the kind where you can sense rain in the air, and summer nearing its end.

     Garou noticed your shiver, raising a brow. "You cold?" he asked, and you nodded.

     "A little." He pointed to your bare arms, as you were wearing a simple t-shirt.

     "That's what you get for not wearing a sweater," he remarked.

     You gave him an annoyed look. "Oh shut up, it's not like you're wearing a sweater either," you retorted.

     He smirked, revealing straight white teeth. "Yeah but you don't see me shivering, do you?" he returned. You couldn't help but laugh. Fair point.

     "I suppose not."

     As silence fell over the two of you once again, you began rethinking. Maybe this really is just a misunderstanding, you thought. He just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would hurt innocent people.

     Garou poked you, making you emerge from your thoughts. "What?" you asked, mildly irritated.

     He laughed. "What's with the face?" He asked, humour in his voice. You glared at him.

     "What face?" You snapped. Garou was still smirking.

     "Chill out," he told you, patting your head. "I was just trying to piss you off. Anyway, we're here," he said, gesturing to the park in front of you. However, you were still processing the head pat.

     What was that for? You wondered, a light pink colour brushing your cheeks.

     "So," said Garou expectantly. "What is it you wanted to talk about?" Your stomach dropped, the heat suddenly leaving your cheeks. I can do this, you thought confidently. You took a deep breath as Garou sat down and crossed his legs on a nearby bench. You joined him, willing yourself to speak.

     It's good that this part of the city was more or less unharmed, you thought. It was a nice peaceful area, plus your favourite café was around here. Finally, you spoke.

     "I didn't see you at the evacuation shelter the other day," I'll start with some other questions first, you decided.

"Yeah," he began. "I wasn't around at the time." Garou said, turning his yellow gaze to you. They pierced your e/c eyes, making you shift uncomfortably.

     His eyes really are beautiful, you silently marvelled.

     "Oh," you said. "I was beginning to worry about you, you know, with all the fighting going on."