Chapter 4

Next day

In the early morning Shiva thatha, Devaraj and Soundarya left to Kodikalpatti to see Meenakshi.

They got the address from Ganeshan thatha's letter. They informed the maid about the visit and asked her to pass this information to Rudra, if he asked about them.

The cook prepared breakfast and waited for Rudra to come and have his food.

As usual Rudra woke up after nine and finished his morning chores and came down.. he looked at the maid and the cook talking beside the dining table..

Akka.. he called his cook.

( Sister)

Sir.. can I serve breakfast? She asked..

Yes.. did others had their breakfast?

No sir.. your parents and grandpa left somewhere at early morning and asked me to say this to you as you are sleeping, they didn't wanted to disturbed you..

Where they went all of a sudden? That too at early morning? He asked..

To Kodikalpatti sir.. big boss said, that is his native village and wanted to visit his friend's family there.. the maid said..

Oh!! Fine.. he mumbled.. when the cook started to serve he refused that he didn't have an appetite to eat and asked for a coffee..

He went and changed into sports wear and took his bag with required items and went to practice after informing the maid..

On the other hand, At nine o clock sharp, the car halted at the entrance of kodikalpatti village...

Ask someone about the temple Deva.. Shiva thatha said and he nodded and looked at a man passing their car in bicycle..

He opened the door and called him..

Enanga!! Vanakkam!! Ayyanar Kovil ku yepadi poganum? Vazhi sola mudiyuma?

( Hello, can you please tell me the way to ayyanar temple?)

Vanakkam sir.. ooruku pudhusa? He asked

( Hello Sir! Are you new here?)

Aamanga, enga sondha ooru Inga pakathula dhan, Kovil ku pogalam nu vandhom..

( Yeah, the next village is our native, we came here to visit the temple)

Saringa.. indha road la eh nera poitu moonavadha vara valadhu kai pakkam thirumbunga, apram nera poradhu dhan, engayum thirumba vendam.. ungaluke theriyum... Kovil la veliya irundhu ulla pora vazhi poora kudhura selai irukum, adha pathale theriyum..

( Okay, go straight and take the third right, then a straight road, you don't have to turn anywhere, you can know yourselves, from the entrance of the temple, you can see many horse statues, from that you can identify the temple)

Saringa.. romba nalladhu.. varen.. he thanked him and said the way to the driver and within ten minutes the temple came..

( Okay, thank you, I'll be leaving..)

They three came out from the car and went inside the temple after leaving their sandals outside..

They looked at the temple priest who is busily doing his chores.. he stood up and changed the garlands and turned and looked at them.. he scrunched his eyes...

Vanakkam.. Shiva thatha greeted him..

( Hello!)

Vanakkam periyavare.. neenga yarunga? Ooruku pudhusa? Naan idhuku munadi ungala namma Kovil la pathadhu ilaye... He asked..