3

Jackson and I walked up the stairs, following after the others. Finally we reach a small hall before entering a huge throne with blue and cyan colored flags. There was a tall man in clothes made of a royal blue velvet and brocade material and fine riding boots. There was a woman to his left in a dress made of a cyan sheer material with big mutton leg's sleeves and an empire dress. Besides the king was a younger woman in a lighter blue dress with fitted sleeves and an empire waist as well.

Everyone bowed to them. A man in blue beside them spoke up.

"I present to you, King Remulus of Illinata, First Lord of House Rayne, Queen Malleria of Meryll, First Lady of House Belles, and Princess Leira of Illinata, Lady of House Rayne." He says. I made eye contact with the Queen who looked a bit surprised and then annoyed.

"Welcome to our Kingdom of Illinata." Queen Malleria speaks out. "We hope your travels went well."

"Thank you, your Majesty." Kyra says.

"Well, you can stand now." She spoke. We stood up. Thank God, my back was starting to hurt. The Princess has a sweet smile on her face and her eyes sparkle with joy. The King has a neutral expression and the Queen looks like someone shit in front of her.

"This is my beautiful daughter, Leira." The Queen spoke. "She is set to marry Prince Fallon of Meryll. You and a group of Royal Guards and some of our finest soldiers will escort her, her dowry and gifts to the kingdom of Meryll for her marriage."

"It will be an honor." Kyra says.

"Of course, Brett, if you will take our guests to their chambers." She spoke, looking at us.

"Yes, your Majesty." He bowed to her. We followed him out through a door and we were greeted by a woman in a white and brown dress.

"Greetings, I am Lady Verena of Towerhill, the Lady in Waiting for Princess Leira. I will take them from here, Brett." Lady Verena tells him. He bows and nods. We follow her past a corridor and staircase and past double doors. She motions a hall and picks out Heather and Jackson for the first room.

"The baths and chamber pots are in the rooms in front of yours. There's a chest and bed for each, a bookcase and a fireplace for warmth. If you need anything, ring the bell and a pixie will come to assist you." She tells them. "Also our King and Queen are throwing a ball to celebrate Leira's feast tomorrow. The Queen will have custom made clothing for you." We are led to the next room. After unpacking, Kyra and I decide to take a nap. As I closed my eyes, I couldn't help to wonder why the Queen was eyeing us that badly. I didn't think I was ugly or unsightly at the least. And why did Jackson and I have the same feeling about the structure in the distance?

*******************************************************************************************

He stared at the flames of the fireplace. Alaric was longing for something that had slipped past him. He could remember a scream, then pain and then nothing. He could still remember waking up on the cold marble table with no memory of who he was or why he was there.

"Alaric." A voice spoke, placing her hands on his shoulders. Selendaria. She was always there, waiting for him to give in to her beauty and body.

"What is it?" He asked her, annoyed. He would never marry her or even have a silver chance to. He was her father's lackey and she was a princess.

"They say that the Hunter Agents have made it to Illinata." She smiled at him. "Father says they'll be at the ball tomorrow night."

"Will they?" He asked.

"Of course, we'll be able to pick out our targets then." Selendaria smiled. "That way Father will be rid of them and be able to take his little trophy wife home." Alaric rolled his eyes. Leandrus was obsessed with having Leira as his wife, despite the girl barely being eighteen. He needed her for some unknown reason, secret to even Selendaria.

"Of course." He spoke.

King Leandrus entered the room and they both jolted up.

"Good evening to you two." Leandrus spoke. "I have been able to acquire descriptions of the Agents that we will have to watch for during our attack on the princess's caravans in a few days."

"Wonderful." Selendaria spoke.

"What are they?" Alaric asked.

"A Half-Fae with black hair and light brown skin. A strange creature in the flesh of a human, resembling one of the Solar Royals' extinct lines. That's interesting." Leandrus was reading off a letter. "There's a young woman of very faint Fae lineage and another woman who is a Diaz and resembles a certain Solar Royal line that was believed to be extinct."

"Do you think she is-" Selendaria asked.

"Not really. There are many who resemble them as we know, King Tsijiari could not keep them in his drawers." Leandrus spoke. "But we'll keep an eye on them."

"The seamstress stated that she will have my dress ready by tomorrow." Selendaria spoke. "What about Alaric?"

"I have had my tailor do something for him. I want you both to be vigilant of them especially." He spoke.

"Yes, my King." Alaric spoke. Leandrus and Selendaria left. He was not ready for the ball. He didn't feel like having to kiss up to nobles and royals who hated them. He closed his eyes, dreaming of a beautiful woman that he had seen many times. She was always so close to his touch before she vanished. She dreamed of her smiling at him as they ran through the woods together.

He didn't know who he was or who she was, but he knew that he had fondness for her. He saw her once in a dream, tending to marigolds in a field full of him. She was singing something as hummingbirds imitated her tone. But he could never reach her.