18

"Are you tired yet, Erika?" He shouts at me as a maniac. Then again, he is one. "Or is it Tsikiri?"

"Both!" I shouted as I dodged an ice spike and smacked a fire ball back to him. He groans in pain when the ball bounces right to his face. I instantly flew in his direction and manage to cut him in half with my swords. My hands are aching and my arms are hurting a bit.

I watched as his bottom half fell off. He stares at me in horror.

"Oh, you think I've bested me?" He snaps at me.

"Uh, maybe?" I asked him, raising a brow.

"Wrong!" His lower body grew back the way Selendaria's did.

"I need your help!" I shout at Jackson, Heather, Kyra and Brett.

"I'm on my way!" Jackson says. Heather and Kyra start to cast blizzard spells at his lower half. I see what seems like an army of fae coming in our direction.

"My people! End that woman and her friends!" He shouted as he threw a blast spell at both Heather and Kyra.

"Go after him, Princess." Brett was charging a spell in his hands.

"We'll deal with him, Erika." Kyra throws a blast spell at the crowd as Heather sends lightning bolts right to them.

Heather and Jackson follow me as we chase after Leandrus. What a coward, can't even fully fight his own battles. Even Selendaria fought harder than he had. Flashes of memory from my first battle returned to me.

We had been fighting Brendan. He had incinerated Maris, Leira's reincarnation and crushed Heather's reincarnation to death. Jackson and I were the one dealing with the very corrupted Aricame. We were both fucked up. I was to blame for everything. If I had just been brave enough to escape

"Do you think we're going to die this time?" Heather asked me. Despite the fact she was older than me, she seemed much younger at the moment.

"I hope not. I don't want to forget who I am again." I told her, looking at the ground. There were burned buildings, razed fields, people fighting, people running away and dead bodies. Flashes of the memories of my first battle as Tsikiri ran through. I didn't want all these people to die or for me to die.

Prophecy is not set in stone. The words of the Singer echo in my head. I can still save Brendan and the Fae Realm. We finally catch up to a fully healed Leandrus. I notice the sky is now a dark gray and black veins have formed all over his body.

"Finally, I get to watch this stupid realm and its equally stupid people die." He started to laugh maniacally.

"Well, since we're all dying, I think you should go first!" I shout at him, raising Sunstone.

"Someone wants to die again I see." He grinned as his body started to transform.

"Well not really, but if it happens, it happens." The blade of Sunstone catches on fire. Holy mother of God, I was not expecting that.

Leandrus tries to hit me with a blast spell but Heather casts a shield spell on me. As Leandrus is distracted with her, I stab my sword into his throat and pull it out. He hacks out blood and grabs at his chest. Heather casts a blizzard spell on him and I slash off his limbs.

"You fool, what are you doing?" He asked.

"You'll see!" I shout as I behead him. Jackson manages to grab his limbs and crush them to mush as Heather burns the mush to ash. That's an anti-climatic ending to an anti-climatic man. The ash starts to reform into his form.

"You silly little girl, it's too late." He says in an echoing voice. Suddenly, pain fills my abdomen as he's sliced me in half.

"Erika!" Heather shouted. I saw my life flashing and then I felt an incredibly strong power run through my body. For a moment, everything felt like it was healed and I felt powerful. I was literally glowing and my body had regenerated. I flew towards Leandrus and slammed him to the ground. The ground shook as he hit the ground.

"What are you? Who are you?" He shouted. I punched him in the face.

"I am Erika Jimenez, daughter of the Nahua Mexica, the champion of Huitzilopochtli, savior of the Fae Realm, and your killer!" grabbed his arm and ripped it off. It incinerated into the air. Leandrus looks horrified as he tries to regrow his limb but can't. I rip off his other arm and his legs. I grabbed him by the throat.

"What you broke will be fixed. Good riddance, asshole!" I shouted as I tore his head off. The rest of his body incinerated to nothing and I felt the power leave me. Jackson had shrunk back to our size and Heather landed on the ground.

"Holy shit, you went super saiyan." Heather spoke. I was still glowing and still feel very powerful.

"I did." I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier. I was now a glowing shape of a woman made of sunlight, no longer human. I see demon Brendan running in the distance, getting closer to us.

"Well, what are we going to do about Brendan now?" Heather asked me.

"I don't know. The Singer said I had to figure out what went wrong with him to begin with. Leandrus and Selendaria are dead but he's still rampaging." I put my hand to my chin. Suddenly, I got a horrible pain in my head and I was blinded for a moment. It was Aricame/Brendan crying as he heard the news of my death. He was holding on to a butterfly hairpin that I used to wear. Then I see myself talking werewolf Brendan out of killing me and us kissing again.

Why am I seeing this? Then it hits me. Huitzilopochtli must be showing me what went wrong. I opened my eyes to Jackson and Heather looking at me.

"I think I know what to do." I told them.