23

"I wish you didn't have to go." Leira spoke to us. The Meryllian Royal couple and Leira genuinely seemed sad to watch us go.

"We have to go back to our own realm. We'll return, eventually." I hug her.

"Good luck and have fun!" The Queen of Meryll shouted as Kyra and Brett jumped into the portal.

"Thanks!" Next it was Jackson and Heather.

"Good luck!" Leira shouts as Brendan and I walk to the front.

"Bye!" I shout as we jump in. My vision flashes white and I'm back in the portal room. I see the looks of surprise on Amanda, Alberto's and Elliot's faces.

"Brendan?" Amanda was the first one to speak up.

"Hey." Brendan manages. Amanda and Elliot run to him, sobbing. Brendan hugs them. Alberto wheels himself over to us.

"I can't believe it..." He spoke.

"You're telling me. Apparently, the fucking Fae had him." I told Alberto.

"I see that. And you married him at that." He points to the ring.

"We're gods now." I smiled at him. "And he's my husband. I still want to have a wedding with the family too."

"Well, congratulations, mi nieta (my granddaughter)." He smiled at me. Amanda pulls away.

"What happened in this mission?" She wiped her face with a Kleenex.

"It's a long....long....story." Jackson spoke. "But long story short, we found out an evil Fae King was after us and the Princess and that he turned Brendan into his henchmen. We were able to escape him and save Brendan but he captured us and we had this epic battle where I died and Brendan died and Erika bought him back as he was. And then the gods proclaimed us gods and married Erika to Brendan and Heather to me."

"Now, that sounds like a lot." Amanda spoke.

"It is, even for a summary." Jackson sighed.

"Well, I'm not even going to bother with a briefing. But I think you should at least see your siblings again." Amanda tells Brendan.

"Where are they?" Brendan asked her.

"The labs. You know where." Amanda spoke. We exited the room and headed to the labs. I saw that Amy and Grayson were finishing cleaning up the lab. I wonder what time it is. Brendan knocked on the glass and Amy looked up. She dropped the bottle of cleaner and the rag that she was using and ran to the door, with Grayson following suit.

"Brendan!" She shouted, hugging him. She buried her face in his chest, squeezing him tightly and sobbing. Brendan burst out into sobs and held her tightly. Grayson simply extended his arms with tears in his eyes. Brendan and Amy hugged him.

"It's okay. It's okay." Brendan says.

"Is it really you?" Amy asked him. Brendan nodded.

"Yes." He spoke as they pulled away.

"We thought you were dead!" Grayson spoke. "What happened?"

"It's a long story." Brendan sighed. "How are Mom and Dad?"

"They're pulling through as best as they can. I know they'll be thrilled to see you." Amy spoke. We continued to walk past the cubicles where I didn't recognize anyone. We then went out into the car.

"Also, what's with the fancy gowns?" Grayson raised a brow at us.

"We kind of lost the things we had on us when we went to battle." Kyra says.

"If anyone asks, we're just going to a Ren Fair." Kyra gets in her vehicle. I decided to ride with Amy and Grayson to their house. I stare at Brendan and I's wedding rings. They fit us pretty well in both size and the design. Finally, we get to Brendan's house where his mother is planting something and his dad is grilling something.

Amy and Grayson look at us.

"You ready?" Amy asked. I nodded. They get out of the car.

"Did you pick up the cucumbers that I asked for?" Katya looked up from her planting. Brendan was standing in front of her. She dropped her bag of seeds and walked slowly to Brendan, cradling his face in her hands.

"Brendan?" She squeaked out. He embraced his mother and they both started to sob. His father ran to them both, hugging them.

"My baby, my baby, you've returned to us." Katya says, in between sobs.

"I missed you." Brendan says.

"We missed you too, son." Devin spoke. "We missed you so much."

Devin pulls away from Brendan and Katya grabs him by the shoulders.

"Where were you last year?" She asked him.

"It's a long story. We should probably go inside." He spoke to her. She looks at us.

"Grayson, go get the cucumbers. And get a birthday cake while you're at it too. And Brendan, did you want me to cook you something special or go out to eat tomorrow morning?" Katya asked him. "Also I want to know what happened."

"We'll tell you inside." Brendan chuckled as we all went inside. We went inside of the house and Brendan chose to sit next to me as his mother sat on the couch. This is going to be a long, long story.

—---------------------------

After the retelling of the events of the entire mission, Katya sighed.

"So you two are gods now?" She asked.

"Apparently. When we die, we'll be going back to the Realm." I told her.

"That sounds wonderful. I guess we'll have to enjoy you while we have time together." Katya looked at Devin.

"I agree. Same with my parents." I was holding Brendan's hand.

"Still, getting married off by the gods. That's something for sure." Devin chuckled. "They have good taste in jewelry."

"That I can agree on." Brendan smiled, looking at our rings.

"So are you planning on having a ceremony or are you guys just going to go to your Godly wedding?" Amy asked.

"Well, we do, actually. I just don't know where to start." I kissed Brendan's hand.

"We can help you. And I'm sure that your mother and sisters would be thrilled to help you as well." Katya smiled. For the first time, I'm actually looking forward to something.