27

Today was the big day. My mother finished the last touches to my hairstyle. I was going to be the most beautiful bride in the world.

"All finished, time to get you into your dress." Karenina says as her and my mom gently carry it to me. It's all I wanted, with lace sleeves, a sweetheart neckline and a skirt made of tulle that wasn't crazy poofy. I jump into my dress, smiling at myself in the mirror. My mom puts on my veil and Karenina puts on my necklace of diamonds. My mom is dressed in a gold dress and Karenina in red.

The photographer, Anna, enters the room to take a picture of me admiring myself in the mirror. Then one of my mothers kissed each of my cheeks.

"You look so beautiful!" My little sister, Lila exclaims. She's in a pink dress and has her flower girl basket in her hands.

"Thank you, you do too." I told her. She gives me a big hug. We leave my suite to see Heather in her own wedding dress which is off white with a big poofy skirt and a sleeveless rhinestone top.

"I can't believe we're getting married out of all people." Heather smiled. "I hope that Diclegis starts working."

I smiled. Heather was ten weeks pregnant and had a rough start with her morning sickness but hopefully it would recede. Jackson and Heather were hoping for a healthy baby while everyone else placed bets on it being a girl or a boy. We started to walk towards the ceremony hall. I see my fathers. My dad bursts into tears of joy. Ivan hugs me.

"You look beautiful, mija." He says, chuckling. "Let's not keep your husband waiting."

I chuckled as both of my fathers grabbed one of my arms and started walking me down the aisle. Kyra is walking with Heather. I see both Jackson and Brendan. Brendan was wearing a red shirt under his tux and Jackson was wearing a blue one. I watched all of my, Heather's, Jackson's (just Scarleth and not Ayleah) and Brendan's relatives looking at us. I feel nervous but so happy at the same time. To think that a few months ago, I never saw this happening.

"We welcome all of you to the celebration of the union to Miss Heather Stevenson with her husband Jackson Daniels and the union to Miss Erika Jimenez to Mr. Brendan Howard." He tells the crowd.

"If anyone opposes these unions, please speak now or forever hold your silence."

Brendan slightly moves his suit jacket to show off his gun. Jackson shakes his head and I try not to laugh.

"Ese si va aser buen marido!" One of my tios shouted.

"Alright, no opposition. Wonderful." The priest says as he looks at us. "So now to the part everyone has been waiting for. For the vows. Jackson Daniels, do you accept Heather Stevenson to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"Yes. Ever since, I laid eyes on her, that is all I wanted. And now she gets to be Mrs. Jackson Daniels" Jackson gently caressed her cheek as people aww'ed and daw'ed in the audience.

"Heather Stevenson, do you accept Jackson Daniels to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"Yes. Ever since I first met him, I knew he was a good and kind man. Now I get to call him my husband." She gently tilts her head and smiles at him.

"Brendan Howard, do you accept Miss Erika Jimenez as your lawfully wedded wife?"

"Yes. We were married under our gods and now we marry under our family and friends' gaze."

"Erika Jimenez, do you accept Mr. Brendan Howard as your lawfully wedded husband."

"Yes. Always and forever."

"Alright, then. You can kiss the brides!" The priest exclaims. Heather and Jackson go for a sweet kiss while Brendan leans over and we both share a very passionate kiss. I hear cheers and hollers as well as clapping. We both walk off the altar, smiling and waving as our relatives clap at us. There's a limo waiting for us outside.

"This is great!" Jackson says as he sits down. Heather sits next to him.

"It is." She smiled, kissing him. Brendan and I get in the limo.

"How does it feel being Mrs. Brendan Howard?" Brendan asked me as I leaned against his shoulder.

"It's just like being Erika Jimenez. But better." I chuckle as Heather offers me a water bottle from the side. Jackson sighed.

"So you're excited for the rest of the night and the honeymoon?" Jackson asked me. I nodded. We were going to Bonaire for our honeymoon again. Heather and Jackson were off to Gatlinburg and the mountains.

"Duh. Snorkeling, swimming, delicious food..." I trailed off as I saw Brendan was falling asleep.

"No sleeping until later." I told him playfully.

"Sorry, I've been up since three a.m. helping your dad finish cooking the carnitas and the goat barbacoa." Brendan sighed. "And helping my dad with prime rib and brisket."

"I know." I kiss him. I was so ready to dance and drink the day away. Lydia had managed to reserve one of the nice hotel rooms in the fanciest hotel in town for us and another one for Heather and Jackson. Heather gently placed Jackson's hand on her belly.

"I can't believe we'll be parents in half a year-ish." Heather looked at him.

"Same." Jackson responded. "I kind of find it hard to believe I'm going to be a father."

"Well, we're gods and you're an alien, I'm sure there's more unbelievable things that have happened to you." Brendan chuckled.

Jackson sighed, chuckling afterwards. "You're right. I can't wait to see everyone."

"Same." Heather sighed. I smiled as we pulled up to the reception hall. There were people who were just getting there. We get out of the limo and I see Brendan's blue Mustang in the parking lot. I'm glad my parents or his didn't forget. Now comes the fun part of weddings.