22

The next morning, I woke up with Brendan beside me. I snuggled close to him, placing my head to his bare chest. He wrapped an arm around me and I cuddled closer to him.

"Good morning, my beautiful." Brendan kissed me on the top of my head.

"Good morning, handsome." I looked up at him. I know we both have missed each other. I closed my eyes, taking in his scent and his form on my body.

"I love you." I told him. "I'm glad that we get to do this together again."

"I am too." Brendan smiled at me sweetly. "No more being apart. Only us being together for the time being."

"I know. We have to get ready for this feast in a few hours." I tell him. He sighs.

"I know, I'm kind of excited for it." Brendan looks at the ceiling. "I can't wait to see my family again."

"I know they'll be thrilled to see you." I told him, gazing at his face. "Especially your mother. She fell apart when you died."

"I know, I feel bad. I also don't know how I'll explain what happened to her." He closed his eyes. "It's gonna be a long story."

"She might understand. We are in the Agency after all." I told him. Brendan stretched, trying to avoid hitting me.

"I think it's time that we wake up and get ready for the day." He spoke, sitting up. I sat up, rubbing my eyes and shaking my head to fully wake up. I admired the silvery embroidery on my nightgown, of hummingbirds and flowers against a white linen material. I get up to wash my face in the basin and to get ready. The Queen of Meryll had commissioned various day dresses, underwear, and shoes to be made for us as well as two special occasion gowns.

I pulled on my petticoats and pulled on my stays. I pulled the strings a bit tighter. Brendan was getting dressed.

"Is it bad that I miss our normal clothing?" He asked me, raising a brow.

"No, but I will say at least these stays are more comfortable than my bras. Also it's weird not wearing underwear." I told him.

"Just makes these easier." He lifts me up, putting his arms under my armpits and lifting me to the bed, spreading my legs out.

"Not now, you silly." I playfully push him. He gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Well then, I guess we would head over for breakfast." He walks away to finish getting dressed. I was happy to have him back. We walked down to the dining hall where Heather and Jackson were just sitting down and Kyra was eating a bowl of something.

"Our subjects are saying that the harvest since the incident has been wonderful since the Solar and Lunar Royals returned." The Queen of Meryll spoke. "But we all know that you have to return to your Realm."

"We know. But we'll be returning here when we die." Jackson looked at her. "Whenever that is."

"Well, I might still be around by then. Us Fae get to live for a long, long time." The Queen chuckled. Her husband, the King and his son arrived with the guy I'm assuming is his son's boyfriend. The servants put plates of porridge in front of them. The table is full of peeled prickly pear fruits, melons, grapes, berries and of course something that resembles yogurt. There's also some coffee cakes and scones. I grab a lemon and blueberry scone, some prickly pear fruits, and my porridge bowl.

"Maybe. The last few days feel like I've been dreaming." I sighed, taking a bite of the lemon and blueberry scone. "If I am dreaming, I hope I don't wake up."

Brendan held my hand. I was happy that he was here with him, holding my hand, sitting next to me, healthy and fully himself. I put my head on his shoulder as he was chowing down on the raspberry scones.

"Tonight, we'll be hosting the ball to celebrate you saving our Realm as a thank you to you. I offered the Illinata Royal Family an invitation as well as a peace offering." The Queen spoke. "And then we'll be opening the portal for you to return to your realms tomorrow morning."

Afterwards, we go off to have a spa day. I enjoy a full body massage, a face mask, some waxing and them washing my hair which got really long thanks to the magic that healed Brendan and I. I pulled on a golden yellow dress that showed off my figure and was covered in sunflower, marigolds and had a plain matching shawl. My hair was in a braided halo hairstyle. I was definitely the most beautiful and powerful woman at the ball now.

Brendan entered the room wearing robes fit for a king in a silvery gray color.

"Are you ready for the dance, my Queen?" He asked me.

I giggled like a schoolchild before smiling at him. "Of course, my King." I give him a quick kiss on his lips. He grabs my hand and we walk to the ballroom. I can hear them announcing names. I see Jackson and Heather in front of us and Kyra gets behind us with Brett.

"I heard you got a promotion over helping save the Fae." Brendan told Brett.

"I did. Now I'm part of the Meryllian Royal Guard." Brett was dressed in what I'm assuming is their uniform. Kyra wore a red poofy dress with roses on the bodices.

"And of course, our Gods, Heather, the goddess of the moon and current incarnation of Arielle and Jackson, the god of the sun and current incarnation of Tsijiari!" The announcer said as the couple walked into the room.

"And our goddess of the sun and current incarnation of Tsikiri, Erika and our god of the moon and current incarnation of Aricame, Brendan!"

Brendan and I opened the doors to everyone clapping at us, smiling. This feels nice.