15

"What's going on?" Leira looked around. I couldn't even see much, besides some faint moonlight from the top of the cell. This isn't good. I was terrified for her life and for mine as well as my other friend's lives. I had no idea what had happened to the others.

Flashes of memories of my life as Tsikiri, Giselle, and as Erika went through my mind. Were we going to die again? The thought of that was horrifying. I didn't want anyone to die but if Leandrus had gotten ahold of Brendan...there was no telling what or what would happen.

"I'm scared, Erika." Leira sighed. "Something strange happened when we were unconscious."

"What happened?" I asked her.

"The spirits of the forest spoke to me. They said I was a warrior queen from one of my ancestors' line. That I was you-the Solar Princess's friend-and that I was killed in battle by Aricame in his corrupted form." Leira's voice was trembling.

I think of the mangled and the charred bodies in the background of my first vision of this mess. I wonder which one was Leira's past self.

"We're doomed, aren't we?" She asked me with despair in her tone.

"Huitzilopochtli said that prophecy isn't set in stone. And so did the Singer at the Temple. There's still a fighting chance, Leira, no matter how small it may be."

I heard Leira's breath shudder as she was crying. I felt horrible, at the fact she was scared and that the future was unknown to both of us, and that I couldn't make her feel better. I was just as scared but I would not be able to help her if I showed that fear to her or to our enemies.

"You captured all of them? Well done, Selendaria." I hear Leandrus tell her. Shit.

"Of course, I did, father. I have never disappointed you, have I?" I heard her say. The door opens and the light nearly blinds me.

"Well, it seems like you two are wide awake." Leandrus smirked at me. "Do not resist."

Two shadowy things pick us up by the underarms and drag us away in different directions.

"Erika!" Leira tries to fight the figure before getting punched in the jawline.

"It's okay, Leira. Trust me!" I yell, trying to stop her from harming herself further. The figure drags me down the cold stone floor. This isn't looking to be so good for me. I'm thrown into a dark cell and Leandrus walks in the room.

"It's been centuries, hasn't it, Tsikiri?" Leandrus crossed his arms.

"You still look like the same traitorous snake that destroyed our kingdoms." I crossed my arms. "I would have offered your blood to the gods as soon as you caused all that misery and strifle."

"The thing is, you didn't." Leandrus spoke. "And it's too late to stop it."

"What exactly do you want, Leandrus? You can't possibly dream of ruling a world that will be destroyed."

He gave out a cold laugh.

"I've been alive for a thousand years and counting. I am so sick of living. But I can't kill myself as my soul is bound to this plane's existence."

"So you'll end the Fae Realm to end yourself." Oh no. That can't end well.

"Of course, my dear. What else is there to do?" Leandrus shook his head. "And what better way to end it then by making the prophecy of the two kingdoms come true?"

"You're a bastard, you know that?" I looked at him, annoyed.

"I know that and I behave accordingly. I originally planned on killing you and Aricame's incarnation to prevent it. That was until I figured out how to use it to my advantage."

"That's why you sent out all those people after this, the werewolf twins, Amadeus....." I told him.

"And they all failed. I'm glad they did because I won't be able to complete the finishing touches without you."

"Since I'm going to die anyway, what is your plan?" I raised my brow at him.

"You'll see. But let's just say that you will be very important to the last touches." He sighed. "I needed Leira as well, isn't it charming that it all worked out?" He leans to look me right in the eye.

"Prophecy isn't set in stone." I told him rather calmly.

"You're right but I don't think you'd rather heroically sacrifice yourself for the world, Tsikiri." He smiled at me. "Not that I'll give you a chance."

He then left the room. This can't be good at all.

*************************************************************************************************************

Brendan woke up in a separate cell to everyone else. He wondered if Selendaria and Leandrus had realized that he remembered who he was and everything. They probably had. He thought of what the Singer had told him. He didn't want anything to repeat itself. He didn't want to lose himself or his friends to this.

The cell door opened and Selendaria entered.

"You should have taken me up on my offer and I might have let you escape." She told him, somewhat angry.

"I wouldn't betray Erika for anyone." He told her. Erika was one of the few good things in his life at this point.

"It doesn't matter, she won't be around for long and neither will you at this point." The woman had two shadow figures behind her.

"I'd rather die with her than join you." Brendan narrowed his eyes at Selendaria.

"You'll get your wish soon enough." Selendaria motioned the shadows to grab him. Brendan tried to fight him before earning himself a blow to his jaw. Selendaria was humming as they walked down a hall. Brendan could feel his heart pounding against his chest. He thought of the vision that the Singer had gifted him with. He knew what to do now. A single tear rolled down his cheek as he was trying to hold back from crying. He would not give them the satisfaction of seeing him broken.

He could only hope that Erika and the others would forgive him.