10

After what seemed like hours of walking, we reached what seemed like a giant ruined temple.

"What is this place?" Jackson asked him.

"This was an old temple of the Juriatans. We used to train there." Brett spoke. "You know, we've never been inside of it. It was always guarded by two ghosts of ancient warriors. They say the legendary sword Princess Tsikiri used to defeat Aricame is stored there."

"That's interesting." Leira spoke. I then heard the sound of stone moving. We all whip our heads to see two giant Nahua warriors in front of us. Kyra and Leira charge spells in their hands and Brett, Heather, and Jackson prepare their weapons. The statues kneel on one knee.

"Ireri Tsikiri and Tlatoani Tsijiari, welcome." They spoke in Classic Nahuatl. They then stopped moving. We all looked at each other.

"Did they just call us by those names?" I asked.

"I think so." Kyra spoke.

"Maybe you're the reincarnation of the prince. But who would be Tsijiari?" Leira spoke to me.

"I think it's Jackson." Heather spoke. They were looking this way.

"Well, if that's the case, there's only one way to find out." Brett spoke. "Allegedly the only person who can handle Sunstone is someone from the Juriata line."

"Sunstone?" Jackson raised his brow. "I'm guessing that's the sword?"

"It is." Brett spoke. We started to walk inside of the temple. There was carvings in the basalt of the Nahua creation myth, the story of the five suns, and the story of the warrior prince and his sleeping princess. We continued as we reached a giant room with an altar in the back. There was a sword stuck in a stone. Kyra cast a magic light spell to make us be able to see better.

Jackson and I walk up to the altar.

"What happens if we're not the Solar Royals?" Jackson asked Brett.

"The sword burns you." Brett says ever so casually. "At least the hilt does, you can't even pull it, if you're not."

"Well, then, that wouldn't be the first time." Jackson grabs the hilt and pulls it out. The sword starts to glow and a soft light emits from the blade. The hilt was gold with a red gem in the middle. The blade itself was a white gold color with a gold outline.

"No way." Jackson says, observing the blade.

"You are King Tsijiari...." Brett spoke. "I guess that story is repeating itself." Jackson hands the sword to me. It starts to glow even brighter and then what looks like a golden gauntlet made of leather and designed like a bird's wings developed on my right hand.

"And you must be the princess then." Leira spoke.

"Apparently." I responded, looking at the sword. My mind flashes back to the dream of me holding the sword and being injured. I also see myself getting the sword as a gift from my father when I was younger. I remembered sparing with it too.

"Well, then. That explains a lot. But why would you come back after thousands of years?" Leira asked.

"Leandrus." I remarked. "Leira, do you think that is why he wanted me gone?"

"I would imagine so. The return of a Solar Royal, or in this case, two, would disrupt whatever evil plans he has. But it would also make the other Royal houses worry." Leira spoke. "They might think you both desire their kingdoms."

"I've had enough of ruling for a lifetime." Jackson sighed. "I am not doing it again."

"I'm not interested. I kind of destroyed a monarchy twice, if I really am Tsikiri." I chuckled at myself.

"That won't stop them." Brett spoke. A loud rumble came from my stomach. We burst out in laughter.

"Maybe we should stay here for the night." Kyra suggested."With those giant Nahua stone warriors, we don't have to worry about anyone or anything trying to attack us."

We opened up our packs, turned our backs as each of us changed into dry clothes and set our clothes to dry in the outer part of the temple. I let Leira borrow my clothes, which confused her more than their clothing does. She's a few cups smaller than me so Heather has to let her borrow one of her bras.

We start to open up bags and check what we had for snacks. Apple chips, some raisins, some Wheat Thins, a bag of Veggie Straws, some beef jerky, some water bottles, a pack of chocolate chip cookies and a few sticks of gum. Doing the math, if we rationed our supplies we would have three days of food.

We rationed out a few veggie straws, a piece of beef jerky, a small amount of water for each and a cookie for each for lunch. This should be fun.

****************************************************************************************

Alaric was chained to the posts in the basement. At this point, it was really nothing to him. He was bleeding from the whipping and beating he'd received for letting the princess and Erika, as he'd heard Selendaria call her, escape and get dragged away by the currents. Alaric closed his eyes.

—-----------------

Aricame was crying bitter tears. Kiri was gone. His closest advisor, Ixcoyotl, had told him that Kiri's carriage had rolled off of a cliff, killing her, her handmaidens and their driver. That their bodies had fallen into the river and were lost. He blamed himself for it. If he hadn't encouraged her to run away with him, they would be apart but she would still be alive. Now she was gone, to Tlaloc's realm and forever away from his reach.

Aricame only hoped that she was happy and at peace there. Something that he would never feel again. He didn't love Princess Raena, but he would marry her as part of his duty. His love for Kiri wouldn't fade away, even after he came to Mictlan to await reincarnation. He stared at the small altar for Tlaloc in his home.

"Take care of my Kiri. Tell her....I love her no matter what."