Chapter 2: Chabashira-Sensei / Depleting the National Reserves of Candys!!!

*Ranpo looks at his teacher with a face that seems to say:* *"Why are you looking at me like that? Don't you like my introduction?"*

*He thinks a lot about his teacher's possible reactions.*

*However, he doesn't want to ruin his first impression with the dramatic pose, so he remains frozen in it, waiting to see what his teacher will say as the door is open.*

—* Sensei looks at him with an unreadable expression and asks loudly and clearly,* "What are you doing?"
*Ranpo freezes in his pose, unable to move, as his teacher asks him firmly in her voice.*

*He can't move at all. He stands still and says quietly.*

Ranpo: "I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to do anything. I thought I was supposed to introduce myself this way."

*It seems Ranpo has no other way out of this situation. He doesn't have a good excuse for being in that dramatic pose.*

— "Are you going to stand there forever?" *she asks with a slightly amused expression.*

*Ranpo is quite embarrassed, so he's not sure what to say in a situation like this.*

*After about 5 seconds, Ranpo can't maintain his pose any longer, so he lowers his arms and says with his head down.*

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

*He slowly walks to his seat and sits down with his head resting on the desk.*

— "Ahem, good morning, students. My name is Chabashira Sae, and I am in charge of Class D this year. I teach Japanese history. This school doesn't change classes every year, so over the next three years, I hope to get to know all of you. Greetings, I will distribute the list of special rules and the enrollment guide."

Pamphlets were passed out from the front.

— "Now I will hand out student ID cards. With this card, you can buy anything at any of the campus stores and facilities. It works like a credit card. However, be careful about how many points you use. There's nothing you can't buy at the school. If it's in the school, you can buy it."

"Student cards are used by swiping them through the machines. Using the machines is really easy, so you shouldn't have any problems with them. Points will be automatically credited on the first day of the month. Everyone should already have 100,000 points on their card. Furthermore, 1 point is worth 1 yen. Any further explanation is unnecessary."

100,000 yen… 100,000 yen… 100,000 points… 100,000 points…

Points = Money

Money = Sweets

Sweets = Happiness

There are very few things within a school that can grab Ranpo's attention, and one of them is his happiness.

*Ranpo settles perfectly into his seat and opens his eyes slightly while attentively watching Chaba-Sensei.*

The classroom became very noisy, so noisy that Ranpo wanted to leave quickly.

— "Are you surprised by the number of points you received? This school measures the students' abilities. Everyone here, who passed the entrance exam, has shown a certain level of merit and worth. The amount of money reflects your abilities. Use it without holding back. However, after graduation, all points will be withdrawn. Since it's impossible to exchange these points for cash, there's no point in saving them. How they are used is up to you. Use them on things you like or need. If you think you won't use some of your points, you can transfer them to someone else. However, bullying others for points is prohibited. The school takes a very strict stance against bullying."