Chapter 15: FIGHT TO THE DEATH/Day before the Exam

"LET'S GO!!" You're probably wondering whose shout that is, and yes, it's not mine. The truth is, in the last few days, I was forced to interact more with some people, to be more specific: Maya, Kei, and Chiaki.

The reason was the study group. Even though I already ensured they would pass, I can't just stop going because Hirata would end up bothering me. So, we decided to keep meeting, although meeting at the library to do nothing is completely ruled out. Besides, I was banned from entering for the rest of the month because I brought food and left a mess.

So, we decided to meet in my room, which is closer to resembling a cave. But getting back to the point, that shout belongs to Maya. You might also be wondering why the shout, right?

We're playing games on a console we bought collectively (especially Mario Kart) after declaring my room as the meeting zone for the KKCM Group. We first tried card games, but things didn't end well for them because I crushed them in each one.

---

Imagine Ranpo smiling shamelessly with a massive pile of cookies used as poker bets, while the three girls have a depressive aura around them. "HAHAHAHAHA"

---

"MAYA, THAT'S NOT FAIR!!" Kei shouts furiously while kicking like a baby. "I TOLD YOU NOT TO USE ITEMS."

Maya ignores him, her serious and totally focused face could only be compared to Ayanokoji's. Next to her, Chiaki, who is just a bit ahead of Maya but both well ahead of Ranpo, has the expression of a Shonen character just before launching their strongest attack. "There's no way you'll catch up, Maya. I'm going to be the one to win this race!"

Satou's face darkens with her hair, but slowly a strange smile forms on her face. "Hehe, too late to say that... Goodbye, Chiaki Matsushita, you were a worthy rival, but this is over!"

"WHAT?!" Chiaki screams as Satou throws a shell at her, with no chance of dodging it.

Time seems to freeze between them, and Satou says as their eyes meet, a heavy air between them, "You're an incredible being, you gave your best, and that's why I admire you. I hope you'll be reborn as a good guy. I'll be waiting for you to fight again."

With her last strength, Chiaki says, "Not so fast, Satou, and I also have an ace up my sleeve." A cheeky smile forms on her face as she releases a banana that makes Satou lose all her speed.

"YOU CAN DO IT!!" Kei shouts beside her, as both slowly head towards the finish line just a few meters away.

"AHHHHH/AHHHH" they both scream when they are about to pass, but just before a winner is determined, Ranpo, transformed into a rocket, passes, winning the race.

"eh/eh/eh"

"HAHAHA! The great and magnificent Ranpo Edowaga can never be defeated!"

The three girls look at each other, not understanding much. When their brains finally grasp what happened, "SON OF A B*TCH!" x3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Ranpo was calmly returning from classes, his phone rang surprisingly. Without even looking, he answered and said, "Kushida! What do you need?"

She took a few seconds and then said, "You were right... Ayanokoji-kun called me to ask for help buying the exams."

"Hmm, so he's willing to do that." Without saying anything more, he hung up on Kushida, who probably is going to have a tantrum when she gets to her room.

Ayanokoji's action is strange but predictable, but what can vary are his reasons. Although I don't care either way; Ayanokoji is not a big focus of interest for me. Fortunately, I had already told the girls not to submit their copies.

---

Today is Thursday after school. The day before the exam.

After Chabashira-sensei finished the class and left the room, Kushida took action.

"Sorry, but can you all listen to me before going home?"

She stood in front of the class, thanks to her charismatic aura and appearance; she easily captured everyone's attention, even Sudou, who was already leaving.

"I hope everyone has been studying hard for tomorrow's test. I have something that can help in tonight's last study session. I'll distribute it now." She handed out the questions and answer sheets to everyone in the front row.

"Questions... from the exam? Did you make these, Kushida-san?" Horikita asked, surprised.

"Actually, these are problems from an old exam. I received them from a third-year senpai last night."

"Problems from an old exam? Huh? Are these questions really valid?"

"Yes. Two years ago, the midterm exam had almost the same questions as this set. So, if you practice, I think we'll do better."

"Wow! Really? Thanks, Kushida-chan!" Ike hugged his test happily. All the other students couldn't contain their emotions either.

"What the hell, if we have these problems, doesn't all our studying become useless?"

That's exactly why I didn't submit the exams earlier.

"Sudou-kun, do your best while studying today," Kushida specifically asks him.

"Yes. Thanks." I hope the detail I added works; on his sheet, the English exam part is particularly underlined and simplified. That plus the resentment and the desire to humiliate me he has should guarantee his passing, but more than that, it should guide his development.

"This is a secret for all the other classes! Let's do well and succeed!" Ike shouted loudly with determination, but I had to agree. But it's not like the rest of the classes, except for Class C, need this.

"Kushida-san. Good job." Horikita approached Kushida and praised her unusually.

"Haha, is that so?"

"I never thought of using old tests. I'm also grateful that you went to check if these questions were still valid."

"It's nothing special. After all, I'm doing this for my friends."

"Also, I think it was right to say it today after school. If you had said it earlier, everyone probably would have lost motivation."

"It's only because I managed to solve the problems quite late. If the same problems are in tomorrow's test... everyone will probably get good grades."

"Yes. Also, our last two weeks of study weren't in vain. Although they were probably very long weeks for the students who failed, I think everyone got into the habit of studying."

"It was tough but also fun."

In the front, the three girls almost burst into laughter at this, but I prefer not to comment. In the next exam, I'm going to have to give them real lessons because if not, we're going to have problems.

I think there's only one more chapter left to finish Vol 1, although honestly, I'm not a big fan of Vol 2, and I think I'll use it to write separate things from the main story because I'm not a fan of the conflict with

Sakura and Class C.