Chapter 6: Ichinose / Pool - Part 1

Ichinose: "Oh... Of course! I'd love to join. I love the idea of being a detective, and it sounds exciting to solve mysteries with other people!" *She smiles and accepts his offer to join the Detective Club.*

Ranpo: "Great! This makes my third member!" *Ranpo extends his hand to shake hers, not appearing nervous.* "I'm glad you listened to me. We're going to have a great time solving mysteries together. Although, we should go and register the club!"

*He pauses for a moment, thinking.*

Ranpo: "But wait, how do I get 10,000 points?" *He starts to exude a somewhat depressive aura.*

Ichinose: "A... 10,000 points? Is that for registering the club?"

Ranpo: "Yes, I have to register the club with the student council. And they told me it costs 60,000 points." *He looks sad about not being able to register his club.* "Honestly, I don't know if I can get the remaining 10,000 points. I feel a bit disheartened."

Ichinose: "Ah... *She notices his disappointment* How many points do you have right now?"

Ranpo: "I have 51,000 points."

Ichinose: "Oh... *An idea suddenly occurs to her* Well, what if I give you 10,000 points?"

Ranpo: "I refuse! *shaking his head* I'll never ask anyone for money!"

Ichinose: "Then... What if I help you earn the 9,000 points you need?"

*He looks at Ichinose, momentarily speechless.*

Ranpo: "What? Are you serious? You'll help me register the club? *He looks very grateful.* Of course, if you help me, I'll thank you in every way possible!"

Ichinose: "Of course! We're friends now; I'd love to help." *Honami extends her hand, a smile on her face.*

*He extends his hand and shakes hers, feeling very thankful.*

Ranpo: "Thank you, Ichinose. I really appreciate it!" *He smiles, genuinely happy.*

I can't read anything bad about her; there are no ulterior motives, no hidden malice, no gesture concealing evil.

Ranpo: "Now, how are we going to get the 9,000 points?"

Ichinose: "Oh... How about we find some part-time work for a week?"

Ranpo: *He gets into a thinking pose.* "Oh, of course! *pointing ahead* Let's go to a café!"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

After classes, Ranpo and Ichinose went to Pallet and asked if they could work part-time until they earned 10,000 points.

At Pallet, they agreed to let them work for 4 days in exchange for 25,000 points because Ichinose didn't want Ranpo to be left with no money for the rest of the month.

The next four days were summed up in Ichinose and Ranpo working as waiters for 2 hours a day. While it wasn't a big deal for Ichinose (she even found it fun), it was the biggest effort Ranpo had ever put into anything, struggling to avoid dropping orders or praying that no one noticed he ate half a cake's cream.

But once they received their pay, it was all worth it.

*Ranpo feels very pleased with his payment and hands half of it to Ichinose. She refuses.*

Ranpo: "Oh... no, no, please keep the money! Thanks to you, I've achieved it!" *He extends his hand to encourage her to keep it.*

Ichinose: "I refuse to leave you with nothing! You already have to pay 60,000 for the club."