Chapter 5: Mission - Create the Detective Club!!

Ranpo: "Free samples!" *Ranpo looks her in the eyes, remembering he should have manners* "Ah! Thank you!" *He takes a plate and grabs a sample of everything. He shoves the food into his mouth, chewing vigorously. The girl watches Ranpo in astonishment as he eats quickly.*

Ranpo: "Oops!" *He chokes on a bit of food. He pauses and takes a sip of water from his bottle, then quickly finishes it. People seem to watch with great intrigue as Ranpo devours the free food. But he doesn't stop eating. Ranpo keeps on eating, even after finishing the first plate. Once he's done with that, he grabs a piece of fruit tart and devours it in less than a minute. He's happy while eating. The rest of the students are watching in shock and with a bit of envy. However, Ranpo seems very content with his belly full of food.*

Ranpo: "Ahhh, I'm full!" *He pats his stomach* "Thank you very much for the food. I hope you can get many members!" *He gets up* "Goodbye!"

The still incredulous girl: "Y-you're welcome…" *And as Ranpo leaves, she looks at one of her classmates* "He didn't even join the club..."

Ranpo: "Now, what should I do, hmm… Mhm…?" *He scratches his head* "I know! If there's no Detective Club, then I'll create one! And that way, I can spend the entire budget on food! Hahaha."

Ranpo laughs loudly as he heads toward the reception area where there's a line of about 20 people, but Ranpo simply walks to the front and stands in front of the secretary.

The small detective looks more than confident. He remains at the front, indicating that he wants his request to be attended to first.

Ranpo: "I'd like to start a new club." *He waits to be served. Everyone in the line looks very angry about this, but Ranpo feels fine.*

Akane: "A first-year student? I'll inform you that the cost of creating a club is 60,000 points, understood?" *Tachibana is very confused by the situation.*

Ranpo: "Oh, no! I'm not too worried about the price; I just want to make my Detective Club. Three members are ready and waiting for it!" *The students in line look very irritated.*

Akane: "Well... Do you have at least three members for your club?" *He asks, to which Ranpo nods.* "Well, you just have to complete the information on this form *giving it to him* and get the signature of three members *clearing his throat* Payment is made at the same time as submitting the paperwork. Now, please step out of the line."

Ranpo: *Smiling very happily, he starts to walk away, but before leaving, he looks at the only person in line who wasn't looking at him angrily* "You!" *He points and puts on his glasses.*

The confused girl: "Y-yes?!" *Looking very puzzled.*

Ranpo: "When the student council rejects you, come to my club! You're more than welcome!" *He leaves, leaving the girl very puzzled.*

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

With that girl, I already have one member, so I need 2 more and still need fewer than 10,000 points!! Hmm, who could they be? Who could they be? It's so hard...

The members of my club have to be intelligent, and where do intelligent people hang out?

Right, in the library. But that poses another problem. Where's the library? Does it even exist?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

After a complicated journey where he had to ask for directions twice, Ranpo finally arrived at the library, discovering another problem...

It's completely empty, or at least nearly so.

On one table, there were at least 4 books stacked on top of each other.