Chapter 22: End of Volume 2

"No matter how powerful it is, a pawn is just a pawn."

Ryunosuke Akutagawa

As Sakura left immediately, excusing herself with the need to do something, unfortunately for me, Horikita remained by my side, waiting for answers.

Suzune: "Edogawa-kun, it's impossible for you to have known everything they said during the fight... How did you do it?" She looked at me, angry yet curious, probably hoping for some secret plan.

I simply laughed in her face. "No! It was all pure and simple improvisation! Something only a super genius detective like me could do."

Suzune seemed about to retort, but at that moment...

— Edogawa-kun is telling the truth.

Horikita's older brother and Secretary Tachibana emerged from the student council room. Secretary Tachibana locked the door.

Manabu: "When you came here with Suzune, I thought you would reveal some kind of master plan."

Ranpo: "Plans are boring."

Manabu: "Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. I wanted to see you put in at least a bit of effort into this case, but I guess I'll have to wait to see it... Looks at Suzune And you, Suzune, I hope you've learned something from this situation." Looks at me one last time before leaving. "I hope you continue like this, Edogawa-kun. Perhaps with you, this school has a chance-"

Ranpo: "Your speech is making me sleepy."

Manabu: Adjusts his glasses and gives me a small smile "I see."

Now there's a second question, why did Sakura leave so quickly? I never saw her talking to anyone, and I'm sure she didn't go to pick up her camera. I have some suspicions, but I can't do anything about it.

I've taken all possible preventive measures, but I can't spend every second making sure Sakura doesn't do something stupid.

Actually, I'm not going to do anything more.

Student ID Card

Student ID Card

Name: Ranpo Edogawa

Student Number: 45642185841

School: Koudo Ikusei High School

Date of Birth: October 21

Grade: 1st Year, Class D

Evaluation: A (86)

Academic Ability: A+ (96) 

Intelligence: ??? (100+)