chapter 2: new best friends

We drove for what seemed like hours until we pulled up to a small house. I kept thinking about my parents, I wondered what was going to happen now. I glanced at the locket my grandma had once given me, it had a picture of me and her in it, along with my brother to the side. I looked up from the floor and realized Bobby was staring at me as if I was some experiment.

"Hey, there kid? You aren't lookin too good... you sick or somethin?" He asked. I opened the locket and pointed at my grandma; more tears formed in my eyes.

He nodded and grabbed the door Handle. " Um, speaking of your grandma, she wanted you to read this." He said handing me a note from his pocket. I started to unfold it but looked over at him so maybe he'd give me some privacy. "I'll just give you some time." He said getting out. "Come inside when you want. I have a room for you, and I am getting dinner ready soon."

He said closing the door. I looked down at the note and unfolded it.

'Hi Darling. This is your grandma writing this to you, if you're reading this, I'm dead now. But, whatever you do, don't stop fighting. You go on and make friends, whoever is taking care of you right now, you're probably in great hands. I love you, and so do your parents. Be kind and be honest. Have faith, and just know...
You are beautiful, you are kind, and you are strong as hell honey. Don't lose hope.

-Nana.'

A tear shed my eye, but I quickly wiped it away. I folded the note up and put it in my sweatshirt pocket. I grabbed my blue bunny and opened the car door, I slid out of my seat, and instantly felt a pain in my leg. I clenched my jaw feeling my lip quiver. I looked down at my leg and saw the spot where it was hurting, there was blood. I pulled up my left pant leg and ripped a piece of my long stripped sock off and tied it around my ankle. I winced at the pain but knew I had to go inside.

I limped around the car and hobbled towards the front door. I saw through the blinds that the lights were on, I used the railing and pulled myself toward the door. I grabbed the handle and opened the door slowly. I walked in the door and saw two boys running around the living room. One looked about my age, he had shaggy hair and was shorter.

The other one had shorter hair and was a bit older. They both looked over at me, and I saw the shorter one's eyes. They were a clear shiny shade of brown, they both stared at me for a second, speechless.

Just then, Bobby came around the corner and saw me. His eyes scanned me, and his jaw dropped, "Goodness child. Let's get you cleaned up." I heard a beeping coming from the kitchen.

He stopped rushing over to me, and debated if he should go stop the timer or help me. He looked over at the two boys that still stood frozen in what seemed to be the living room.

"Dean, Sam, clean (Y/N) up for me please, I have to finish dinner." He stated walking off. The older boy nodded, and the younger one started walking towards me. "Hi, I'm Sam." He said extending his hand out to me, I grabbed it and shook it firmly like my dad taught me to.

He smiled big at me, as I smiled shyly. The older one came over to me and extended his hand out too, " I'm Dean." He said with a slightly deeper voice. " And I'm guessing you're (Y/N)?" Dean asked, I nodded. " Let's get you cleaned up; you look like you've been in a fight or something." He said signaling me to the bathroom. " Hey, Sammy. Can you get me the medical kit?" Dean asked Sam, while sitting me down on a stool.

He looked up to the cabinet above the sink and gulped. He put his foot on the drawer handle and pushed up using all his force. He steadied himself when he finally made it to the top, he opened the cabinet and grabbed the medical kit. He then made his way back down successfully.

" Here." He said exhaustedly. Dean nodded, he looked at my ankle and noticed it was droopy. " How's your ankle?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows. I gave him a thumbs up, and a fake smile. " I don't think so." He said reaching for my foot. He touched it the slightest and the pain flooded back.

I bit my lip to keep from crying. Sam looked curiously at my foot, " Mabey we can ask Uncle Bobby for some stilts or something?" He suggested. " Mabey. Here let me ask. Keep her company." Dean said, getting up from his crouching position in front of me. He walked out of the bathroom leaving me and Sam alone. " So, what happened?" He asked.

I just looked up at him. " You don't talk much do you?" I shook my head. " Well, why not? Talking is fun sometimes. " I shrugged. " You better tell me. One day, I'll ask you why you don't talk." I nodded.

Bobby walked into the bathroom, then looking at me again. " Are ya hungry?" I nodded. " Well, we have burgers in there. And after, I'll get the boys to show you your room." I stood up off of the stool and fell to the ground remembering My foot was hurt. I didn't make a sound, I just innocently stared up at Bobby.

I felt my leg throb in pain, and I clenched my jaw. He rushed over to me and sat me back on the stool. I pulled up my pants leg showing him my ankle. His eyes widened with disbelief, I looked down, curious of why my foot was hurting. It was a huge slice in my ankle, I gasped quietly at the sight.

" Sam hand me the medical kit." He said holding his hand out. Sam quickly handed him the kit, and Bobby sat down in front of me. He opened the lid and grabbed a needle. " Dean, take a break from flipping the patties and get me the whiskey!" He yelled out to Dean. " Whatever you say Uncle Bobby."

He replied. In short time Dean rushed behind him, with a bottle of whiskey. He grabbed it from him and poured it on my wound. I squeezed my face really hard trying not to scream, I bit my tongue so hard it bled.

I felt dizzy, my vision wasblacking in and out. My head bobbed from side to side as the pain slowly wentaway. My head fell to my side and the last thing I saw was Sam holding me up.