chapter 11: the kiss

"The room down the hall." He pointed to the random bedroom.

I swallowed, standing up stiffly. I looked over at Sam, whose cheeks were tinted pink as he shrugged.

We made our way to the room the guy had told us to go to and shut the door behind us. I sat criss cross apple sauce on the bed, and Sam followed suit, sitting across from me.

I blew a sigh, tapping my fingers on my knee. I felt his gaze on me, so I slowly raised my head to look him in the eyes.

"Do we have to... ya know?" I asked, feeling incredibly awkward.

"You don't want to?"

A small frown crossed his face, making my heart melt. Did he not think I wanted to?

"I didn't say that... I just... didn't think you'd want too either. Since we're friends and all." I bit the inside of my mouth, looking back down at my lap.

"Oh... well, I just thought it would ruin your reputation to kiss the nerd of the school... not to mention 2 years younger." He pressed his lips into a firm line.

My brows furrowed and I chuckled.

"What reputation? No one knows me really. I'm more... reserved." I replied, looking up.

He was still scanning my face, with slightly narrowed eyes.

"So... you wouldn't care if we kissed or not?" he questioned, scooting forward on the bed a little.

"I wouldn't mind." I looked at my lap, smiling softly.

"Okay then..."

He leaned forward hesitantly but paused halfway. He sighed, looking exceedingly nervous about this whole thing. I'd only ever kissed one person before, it was Alicia who needed practice because she was going out with this jock.

It was just a simple friend peck though, not this awkward. Not a boy. Not the guy I've been crushing on for years. Not my best friend.

Not Sam Winchester.

My brows furrowed as I watched his brows knit together and look at his lap frustratedly.

"Sorry... just, gimme a second." He whispered, seeming to be deciding something.

"Have you ever kissed someone, Sam?" I inquired, watching a few emotions pass over his face.

He silently shook his head, looking up at me with an embarrassed expression as If I'd judge him for it.

It wasn't weird to me; it was actually cute how embarrassed he looked.

"So, since I'm the first girl you're gonna end up kissing-that is if you can in 3 minutes because that's all we have left-I guess it's me that's going to determine how you kiss other girls, huh?" I questioned.

Another shrug, "I guess so..." he replied, smiling a little.

"Okay... do I have to teach you then?"

He looked up at me, finally meeting my gaze. "I... probably." He hesitated.

I replied with a nod, "Okay... close your eyes." I said scooting closer to him. He obeyed, his lashes fluttering until his eyes came to a close.

"Okay..." I whispered, putting my hand on his cheek. I leaned forward, moving my thumb back and forth across his cheek.

I leaned in more, our mouths hovering inches apart. I put my hand on his shoulder but felt a faint beating. I moved my hand over his heart...

His heart was beating extremely fast right now.

He was scared. Or nervous?

I'd figure out in a second.

I leaned my head our lips getting closer. The tension was tangible, as I felt my heart rate continuously increasing by the second.

He let out a shaky breath, and I felt him shaking a little.

"Relax."

I whispered, not wanting him to be scared. It was his first kiss after all... I had to make it good for him.

I ran my thumb over his bottom lip before taking my finger off and replacing it with my lips.

It wasn't anything crazy, or big.

Just our lips pressed together, and a warmth filling us both.

We both just sat there, our lips pressed together. It was the sweetest thing I'd ever felt. His lips were so soft, almost too soft to be real.

Suddenly, the door to the room opened with a creak. I pulled back immediately, looking over at the door, curious to who interrupted our kiss.

Shit.

It was Dean and Alicia. They were making out and stumbling into the room. I gasped, and just as I did, they stopped kissing.

Both Dean and Alicia looked over at us in shock.

"Sam? (Y/N)?"

Dean's voice sounded surprised as he looked at us both wide eyed. However, Alicia beside Dean gave Sam and thumbs up and wink that made me almost smile. But I was too embarrassed to. They had caught me and Sam kissing. Silence filled the room as my eyes darted from Sam to Dean holding Alicia in his arms still.

Welp.

This was gonna be an awkward car ride home.

Or would me and Sam have to walk?

If Dean and Alicia were going to be taking things all the way tonight, there would be no way they'd stop just to drive me and Sam back to Bobby's.

"Were you guys kissing...?"

Dean broke the silence, asking the most obvious question. Usually, I would reply with some snarky sarcastic reply, however I was too flustered to come up with anything right now, so I just nodded.

"Kinda..."

Sam replied for me, and Alicia snickered. "What do ya mean, kinda?" she raised a brow.

"Well, what Sam means by kinda... is that you interrupted." I replied, throwing a pillow at them both.

Sam looked in my direction and chuckled.

"Dean? Need us to leave?" Sam asked, starting to climb off the bed.

"You already know the answer, Sammy." He replied with a smirk, running his fingers through Alicia's hair as she gazed at him fondly.

I got off the bed too, following Sam back out of the room.