chapter 10: awkward

I tried on the last dress Alicia handed me to try on.

We were at her place, trying on dresses for the party, and he had handed me a huge pile to try on. At this point I was exhausted.

From trying all these dresses on, and from begging and convincing Bobby to let me Dean and Sam go to the party.

It was pretty hard... but Bobby eventually gave in.

Okay. It was because Alicia was going. He liked Alicia, and thought she was a good friend.

Or at least her mom. Whenever Bobby drops me off at Alicia's sometimes, he'll stay by for a little and flirt with her mom.

Gross.

"Oo! That's gorgeous on you!" Alicia squealed, her eyes scanning me.

It was a simple dress that went to my knees and showed my whole arm.

Even my shoulders.

I wasn't a fan of my body type, although I didn't absolutely hate my body. I had barely visible curves and stretch marks on my thighs. I guess I couldn't complain though. There were a lot of other girls who had it worse.

However, Alicia was not one of them.

She had big boobs, a curvy waist, and no stretch marks anywhere.

I'm not a perv. I just know this because we change together in the girl's locker room for PE every day. That's normal.

"So, are you gonna wear that one?" she asked, turning around looking through her closet for the fifth time.

"I guess so." I shrugged.

"Okay good! Because I'm wearing a pink one! You think Dean'll like it?" she raised a brow, looking back at me.

"He won't care as long as your cleavage is showing."

I crossed my arms, and a frown crossed her face.

"Not all men are like that."
her brows furrowed, and she started putting the dress on, not bothering to go into another room. "But he is. Sam told me." I gave her a look.

"How would Sam know?" she put her hands on her hips, the dress not zipped but still looking great on her.

"He's, his brother. He talks about how Dean's always out with girls and stuff. Hate to break it to you...but there is no guy that won't be interested in boobs." I raised my eyebrows as her face came to realization.

"If he wants cleavage... I'll show him." She reached back attempting to zip her dress but couldn't.

"Zip me up, would ya?" she asked, signaling to the zipper. I sighed, walking over zipping the dress up.

It fit her perfectly.

I was kind of jealous. I'd always wanted to be like her... but she was my best friend. So, it's okay to have those thoughts, right?

"Alright! C'mon! Let's go... Dean'll probably be here any minute!" she squealed, slipping her heels on.

I chuckled at her enthusiasm, slipping my sneakers on, tying them. I stood up, walking downstairs with her.

"Are you going with Sam. Ya know, as your date?" she asked, walking onto the porch.

I felt a blush cover my cheeks.

"No!" I sighed, "No. He's- we're just friends." I looked down, biting my lip.

"That's what they all say."

She narrowed her eyes playfully, making me roll my eyes.

"Well... even If I liked him. It would be weird. We've been friends for too long." I looked up as I heard a car pull up.