chapter 7: I'm doing good (not)

1 month later:

I sat in the car listening to Harry's continuous babbling not really listening to it. He always talked about how annoying it was to keep me and how he wishes he didn't have to waste his 'precious' time on me. I rolled my eyes not bothering.

I stared out the window until the car came to a halt. "Where are we?" I asked confused. "Your new home." He said angrily. "Get out." He raised his voice. I just looked at him confused until he yelled again but scarier and louder. "GET OUT!" He yelled and I hesitantly reached for the door handle, stepping out of the car.

He reached his hand, shoving me out. I flinched, and looked back to see my bag on the ground that held all my stuff. I looked up at an angry Harry, "GO INSIDE YOU UGLY HOG!" He yelled shoving me. I fell in the mud with a confused expression on my face. What had I done wrong? I never spoke.... but maybe that was a problem to him? Whatever I did, made him mad. "You are no help! You just weigh others down! You are a bad luck charm! You ugly....no loving....no good...sloppy...weak, fat ass...pig!" He said making me feel a little helpless in the moment. I kind had been a little lazy ever since I left Bobby's. "I'm sorry..."

I muttered, standing up shakily from the puddle, dusting the dirt off my jeans, feeling the cold from the water start to make my legs numb. "You sure as hell should be!" He exclaimed, jumping in the car, slamming the door, and driving off. "I'm sorry you're a dick... who can't appreciate a perfectly...fine person." A small tear shed from my eye as rain fell from the sky. I opened my bag and found a big knife Bobby had given me and ran my finger along the name engraved in there. 'Robert Singer' it read.

I smiled. I felt a huge hand on my shoulder and jumped looking behind me. A man smiling down at me was there. Only....a small almost unnoticeable detail was shown......he had fangs.
I grabbed my large knife and lunged at him, but he dodged me. I grunted angrily as he twisted my arm behind me. He tossed me to the ground going on top of me with his mouth near my neck. His breath was cold....and I instantly knew who-- or what it was.... 

a vampire.

He grabbed my neck and bent down to take a bite, I used my free hand and strangled him. I cut his throat and sliced all the way through his neck and watched it topple to the ground. I struggled underneath the dead body but eventually got free of its weight. I stood up and spit on the body and dusted myself off.

I walked toward the road knowing I would be alone for a long time. My aunt was dead....my cousin was dead....my uncle was dead....as far as I knew Bobby was too... I thought about crying, but I couldn't bring myself to let them fall.

I then promised myself...I wouldn't cry. Never ever. No matter how awful or hard it got...tears could be in my eyes...but I wouldn't let them fall. I walked into town looking for something to eat and found a little diner. I looked up and saw the date. It was January 5th...my birthday. I felt tears in my eyes. But they sure as hell didn't fall.
----
I sat down with a little bagel someone has given me and sang to myself, "happy birthday to me..." I fake smiled. I knew I was going to be lonely.... but lonely is better for me. At least no one else could get hurt because of me. But I guess I'm not lonely...just...alone.
1 year later:

I have been staying on the side of the road in a beat-up old warehouse by myself, taking care of hunts. All I needed was to get holy water from a nearby church every now and then, but other than that I was locked and loaded with Just about everything I needed.

I had worked with other hunters throughout the year, and they donated and helped me out providing occasional shelter. I had remembered many numbers I could call if I needed anything, but I still continued to keep Bobby's in the front. I worked at a Nearby coffee shop to earn money, but only did small jobs because I was only 12 and went to a local school that was free.

I would go to school every now and then whenever I didn't have a hunt. Today was just a study day, I was reading at a nearby library when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I flinched back but then realized it was the person I missed most. "Bobby..." I said with tears forming in my eyes. "Kid..." He said a little surprised but happy. I pulled him into a tight hug, "Where have ya been idgit.... I thought I lost you."

I hugged him tighter. "Everyone is gone..." I said remembering what had happened. "They all died...because of me bobby.... I just...I really missed you!" I said hugging him tight and pulling away. He was still way taller than me. He smiled down at me, "It's okay...I'll take you back home." He said warmly.

2 years later:

I'm staying with Bobby again and he realized how much better I'd gotten at hunting, so we hunt together occasionally now. I was sitting at the couch when a Ronald Mc Donald commercial came on. I hadn't seen Sam nor Dean in years at this point, so I decided to call.

"Bobby...." I said loudly so he could hear. I walked outside and to the back so I could see him, "Hey bobby?" I asked. He looked up at me with black smudged on his face, "Here you got a little, schmaltz." I chuckled and threw a rag at his face. He cleaned himself up and turned back to me, "whatcha need kiddo?" He asked.

"Do you know...um...could I get in touch with Sam somehow? We were good friends and...um...I could use some friends right now..."

He smiled at what I said. "Yeah. Um, here. John might answer, but just say you wanna talk to Sam." He grabbed a random pen out of his pocket along with some paper. He scribbled down some numbers and handed it to me. "Tell him I said hi..." He said waving his hand telling me off. "Okay...thank Bobby...love ya." I said walking off.

"Love ya too kid." He said going back to work on the truck. I sped inside happily skipping to the phone and dialed the number. "Hello?" I heard John's voice boom through the phone. "Hello, can I speak to Sam? I am (Y/N) from about maybe 4...5 years ago?" I heard the phone fumble around a bit before I heard a voice that sounded familiar but a little deeper.

"Sam?" I asked. "(Y/N)! How have you been?" He asked sounding genuinely interested. His voice was a bit deeper, but it was music to my ears. I missed him so much. "Pretty well." I lied partially.

Goodness...what do I do.