Chapter | Eighteen

In the early hours, Angeline has been anticipating bringing MaryAnne home to live with her small family. She was up all night making important phone calls. Yet, the jitters wake her up several hour before the initial time she intended to rise. She gaze upon the young girl, who is dead asleep. She runs her hand through Maryanne's curly hair. The early morning still hasn't drawn the sun up yet. She cherish the sight, looking forward to more days like this.

After packing and showering, Angeline focuses on the light peaking through the hotel curtain. She slowly draws the curtain out, waking up the little one with a kiss and soft touches. Mary stirs awake with blurry and heavy eyes—focusing on the woman's glowing face and kind smile.

"Good morning, sweetheart. Are you ready to go home today?" She asks. Mary wouldnt technically call it home just yet, but Angeline speaks adamantly. Maryanne turns over burring her face in the firm pillow. To say, she was definitely not ready to leave. It would be nice just to visit then come back, but that wasn't the case. The thought puts her stomach in knots. The pillow covers the little wimpers she makes. The bed dips and Angeline's rubs her back. "Baby, what can I do for you?". She bills and coos, ultimately concerned.

Can you bring my dad back?

The answer is obvious "I can help you get dressed and later I can get some ice-cream before we get on the plane. How does that sound?" she whisper softly. Her bribery and gentle efforts encourages Mary from her hiding spot. Or so she thought.

"Plane?" She lifts her head, curiously. she's never been on one before.

"Yes, we are going on a plane. It is not scary I promise. I'll be with you the whole time". She takes her word with a gentle nod. "Okay, shower first" she reminds the girl.

Mary  gets up, ready to  heads in bathroom."Do you need help?" For the last times Angeline has been with Mary, She noticed her having trouble operating the hotel shower by herself.

"No." She proceeds to shut the door. She doesn't want to relieve the embarrassing moment when Angeline barged in and seen her naked the other day.

"Okay, sweetheart. Call me if you do and try not to wet your hair" she says from the other side.

After a shower session filled with crying, Mary finds her clothes laid out on the bed. The woman is no longer in her bath robe, but fully dressed. Her hair is neatly pinned up in a claw clip. She is in cropped light wash jeans, white shirt, tan loafers, and a long drop shoulder cardigan.

"I have your clothes right here, let's get you dressed," it has become Angeline's favorite thing. Mary follows along, knowingly she is capable of dressing herself. The young girl is fitted in black tights, a light purple hoodie that says 'have a good day' in white bubble letters on the back, and white converse shoes. The woman claimed this to be the trending outfit for kids her age. Maryanne is small and could easily wear a size nine in youth clothing.

"You're too cute". Angeline enjoys shopping for girls clothes because there are rarely any girls in the family she can shop for. When she gets back, she will definitely go on a full shopping spree.

Angeline monitors the girl brushing her teeth. Next, She helps her apply the gentle face wash and moisturizer. This routine was new for Maryanne. Then, Angeline takes an in interest in her hair. It's so beautiful and yet complex in a fascinating way. She's done a little bit of learning on how to care for her curly hair, although she has much more to learn. With the help of a small amount of gel, a spray bottle, a brush and a few stretch hair ties, She manage to put her hair in two adorable curly buns, leaving out little hairs on the sides. She gushes over Mary mumbling words of 'such a pretty girl'. Angeline is really taking things seriously—going out of her way to properly care for her. Her dad couldn't and Elaine always tried her best.