Chapter | Nineteen

Maryanne

Don't get too attached. I tell myself.

Last night, after Angeline tucked me into bed. I untucked myself and slept on the floor. It was impulsive— It made me feel like I was back at the place I called home again. I'm not sure how long I'm going to be staying here. I don't mean to sound ungrateful It's a nice house I can admit, but what's a home if you don't feel complete?.

I wake up an I'm magically back in bed. I catch my finger in my mouth again. Lately, I've been doing it more often than I can remember. I shared a bed with Angeline in the hotel...I stretch my legs out wide in bed kicking the white covers off my body. There's so much bed space. My hair tickles my face and I realized my bonnet fell off as I was sleeping. Typical.

That's why I despise them.

Before I decide to take off to the connecting bathroom, A knock on the door leading to a slight opening, "Sweetie pie are you awake, yet?". The door is now wide open when Angeline finds me fully awake. Her face light up and she smiles ."Oh, good morning Piccola. Did you sleep well?" giving me a hug and a kiss.

"Yes," I say.

"That's good. I made breakfast!".

I'm sitting at the breakfast table, swinging my legs and eating from the proportional plate that splits the food into sections. I actually prefer this plate over the normal ones. This is the most I've eaten being with Angeline, though my body still isn't used to it.

Frenchie is lying near my feet, while lola is drinking water from the fountain bowl. Angeline is in the kitchen putting dishes in the washer and Dario is scraping the what's left on his plate."Today, Im going to do a little decoration shopping for your room and getting my nails done. Do you want to come with-,".

"Or do you want to stay here and hang out with me?" Dario says.

"Love. I wasn't finished yet" she says gently.

"Look at her. it's obvious she doesn't want to sit there watching you get your nails done," he gestured to me, I'm not sure what face I made, but he noticed.

"She can get her nails done too. How about it sweetheart?".

I looked at both of them before I stated, "Stay here?". Dario chants a 'yes'. Angeline looks slightly disappointed, but keeps a smile on her face.

"That's okay, it's Dario's day off. I'd love for you guys to spend time together. Besides, now I can do even more shopping," she boops my nose.

Dario let out a displeasing sigh,"Your putting holes in my wallet woman". She rolls her eyes and waves her hand.

"So dramatic. You know that not true. I hardly buy things for myself. Mostly for the house and the kittens that's all" she says defensively.

"I'm kidding, darling. I love to spoil you. You can get whatever you want and more," he goes over to give her a kiss.

If this is going to happen all the time, I have to prepare myself.

-||-

"So, what do you want to do?". Dario asks. I shrug my shoulders. "Want to play video games in my office? I play them on my chill days, but it can get boring when there's no one to battle with".

"Okay".

We enter into his office and settle in front of the full screen tv. He pull out the controllers then hands me one."I don't know how to play"

"Don't worry, you'll catch on really quick".

He has a lot of games. The one we both agreed on is a racing game called Mario Kart because he said this was an easy one. I can tell he let me win a few rounds because I couldn't get the hang of using the controller buttons. Once I finically cracked the code, He stopped going easy on me and became competitive. I thought it was funny seeing him yell and playfully nudging me as a distraction. I burst into laughter when neither of us got first place in the last round.