Chapter | Thirty three

Joshua and Maryanne are side by side as they take a tour around the Morello law firm. Modern designs, glass doors to see inside every office of bigger and smaller workspaces. Administration and staff walking back and forth. Because of Mary's in between little space she can't help but posses the attention span of a young child. Therefore, Joshua's rants in reguards to the firm, are entering one ear and exiting out the other. Mary peaks at his socks— red with orange polka-dots, as the pant leg rises with every step.

"Each level is dedicated to the areas we specialize in. Like this floor for example, practice in estate and tax. The floor above it is family, civil rights and immigration, That's where I work. I am a senior associate, I'm striving to make partner one day," he emphasize. "Last but not least is the top floor, where Dario works. Corporate and litigation. HR is up there too. Us as a medium law firm have a lot to offer," he says plainly.

"What's in here?"she ask. While Joshua was explaining all the boring stuff, Mary has grasping eyes on the lounge spaces with comfortable seating arrangements. Specifically, the lunchroom.

"This is the lunchroom. Every floor has them. We have snack bar and kitchen," he shows her for a brief moment.

"There are two really nice coffee spots. One is on the ground level and the other one is at the top. They serve espresso, cappuccino, hot chocolate and fresh baked goods-" he pause his statement to analyze the suspicious glares towards him. He's been aware of it since the very beginning of the tour.

"Game room?" Mary question, looking up at him.

"Yeah. Hold on for a sec," Joshua surpasses the girl to approach administration at the desk.

"Lory, can you explain to me why I'm getting so many looks?" Joshua inclined. "Specifically from the ladies and not in a flirtatious way. Do I have a target on my back or something?".

"No. We are watching the little girl. Orders from Morello," the woman replied.

"Why didn't they just say that?" She shrugs.

"Well, I have to move on quickly with this tour, what time is it? I left my phone on the charger in my office,".

"Eleven, you need to get a watch," she beckoned.

"I'm getting one this weekend, that correlates with my phone".

The woman hums, "She's a cute kid. Is she Mr. Morello's daughter?. I didn't know he even had one".

"The boss talks very highly of her,"Joshua turns around to return to the girl and she's missing. "Where did she go?" He press, eyes searching for her.

"She's right here," He finds Mary with a staff member and a bag of chips.

"We have time to spare," he bends down to her level. "Let's go to the game room, then would you want to see my office?" He ask.

"Yes! I wanna see. No boring stuff," she pops a chip in her mouth.

"You got it!".

-||-

"I'm not gonna repeat myself," Dario warn. The atmosphere is thick and brother's hand attached to the top of his head pulling on his slick hair.