Chapter | Thirty two

An interesting week has gone by and Dario and Angeline are working on their roles as caregivers while helping Mary to become more in-tuned with her little space. It's a work in progress. They are moderately incorporating the 'small things' to her daily life and starting to grow that list of needs, wants and limits because neither them or her know what her little side is to it's full extent. Moreover, somewhat agreeing to let the girl strive at her 'own' pace is significantly improving her relationship with both of them as her caregiver and foster parents. Mary is comfortable and her enthusiastic self shines more each day. Whereas, she's on both sides of the fence when it comes to being little.

Meanwhile, Dario is taking Mary to his law firm for the very first time. Angeline had appointments and other personal duties to take care of and didn't want Mary to suffer at the hands of boredom. Not that being with Dario would be any better, She was hoping it's much more interesting for her to see what he does. It was a stretch to have her around a lot of people. But she wouldn't be appointed to interact with them.

"I have your tablet, workbook and I packed you a small lunch. Was there anything else you wanted to bring?" She pry. The woman holds out the strawberry printed backpack for the girl. It is a replacement for the old one that she eventually trashed. She fell in love with it The moment she picked it out—so much that she was convinced that it did smell like strawberries.

The girl shakes her head and says,"No".

"You'll be leaving soon. So be a good girl for Dario," Angeline gushes over her attire. The girl insisted that she wear something suitable for the office. So Angeline selected A pink polo shirt and long khaki pants and her boat shoes for her. She obviously is wearing the necklaces that she cherishes and wears conservatively. Even though the gold chain is old and has lost its goldness. She has on the bracelet that Angeline made for her. In return, Mary finally made her one also. It's red and green and spells out 'Angel' because Mary didn't know how to spell her full name. To say, Angeline was over the moon and has vowed to wear it religiously.

"I'm always good," she justifies.

"I know, my baby. You're such a sweet girl," She squish her face and pecks kisses on her cheek. A little laugh slips from the girl. "There's that laugh I love so much". Mary secretly loves the attention and Angeline knows it.

"Mo-Angeline..." she hasn't called Angeline mommy again. Still, Angeline, even Dario uses the title often to get her used to it without feeling ashamed. And Mary is really close to doing it.

"I know you're a big girl, but there's no shame in getting a kiss from mommy," Angeline claim. "See you later, sweetheart" she says softly with a last kiss on the forehead.

"See ya later".

"Ready. Bambina?" Dario has a board meeting with the executive committee and needed to be there early. The man is wearing his truffle brown suit. His hair is shiny making his loose curl pattern pop with a fresh tape line and clean cut facial hair. He was ready to start the day as the meeting's show runner.

"I can walk, Dario, " she says when he tries to pick her up. It wasn't a huge rejection. Dario is understanding. Although, he wants to encourage her little side he is less demanding than Angeline is. He isn't even begging for her to call him dad or daddy. The girl wasn't trying to avoid being little in front of his associates because It wouldn't matter anyway. Based on her appearance, she can easily get away with it. In general, She wasn't feeling little at the moment.

"Have a good day, Love. I know that you'll be in the meeting, but be sure that she eats and does some work," She pecks his lips.

"No problem. I have someone keep an eye on her, Love you," he reciprocate.