19

Maggie's eyes follow the movements of the make-up artist her father had hired for her press appearance with Rita Skeeter

Maggie's eyes follow the movements of the make-up artist her father had hired for her press appearance with Rita Skeeter. He had informed her that she must look her best at all times now that the eyes of the wizarding world and specifically the Ministry were on her.

"You have such nice skin, I didn't want to cake it up too much," The artist murmurs.

"Thanks?" Maggie raises an eyebrow.

"Is she ready?"

Maggie blinks in surprise at Rita Skeeter's appearance. She was wearing a green leather jacket with a matching skirt that was lined with magenta fur. Rhinestone-encrusted glasses were resting on her nose and her blonde hair was set in elaborate curls that contrasted oddly with the shape of her face.

"If it isn't the Darling of the Ministry," Rita beams, extending her hand to Maggie. "It's an honour"

"Likewise," Maggie shakes her hand, wincing when Rita's nails dig into her skin slightly.

Rita drags Maggie into the trophy room, gesturing for Maggie to take a seat. The witch crosses her ankles and places her hands on her lap, using every ounce of the media training that she had been taught to use.

"So Maggie," Rita begins. "You entered the tournament. Is that because your grandfather is running it and you're hoping for an advantage?"

"No Miss Skeeter," Maggie shakes her head. "I wish to be treated the same as my fellow competitors"

"Was your grandfather happy when you entered or is he worried for your safety?"

"He was proud," Maggie forces a smile. "Of course, he is worried but worrying is natural"

"I can imagine, after all of the tragic loss your family has faced," Rita says, fake sympathy plastered all over her face. "Your mother, your father, the disappearance of your grandmother. You have had a hard life Maggie"

"I would not say I have had a hard life," Maggie shakes her head. "My mother was a hero who died fighting for what she believes in-"

"Do you share her beliefs, fighting for what is right?"

"Of course I do," Maggie nods. "My mother was a strong woman, despite her death when I was young, her legacy lives on and I hope to live up to it"

"And what of your father?" Rita asks. "Sentenced to life in Azkaban for various war crimes?"

"My father chose that path of his own volition," Maggie replies. "He chose to harm others and for that, he deserved what he got"

"I sense resentment for your father-"

Maggie watches the quill and her eyes widen as she reads what was written on the parchment. 'The Darling of the Ministry had tears welling in her eyes and guilt weighing heavy on her heart whilst speaking about her infamous father'.

"I believe it is time to conclude this interview, Miss Skeeter," Maggie smiles at the woman. "I do not wish to miss my charms lesson"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"Maggie, you're going to want to see this," Hermione rushes over to the witch, a copy of the Daily Prophet in her clutches. "Page two"

Maggie opens the newspaper, her eyes beginning to scan the article that Rita Skeeter had written about her. Her own smiling face beams back at her, a picture of her at a Ministry event over the summer.

MAGGIE MCKINNON-CROUCH: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
By Rita Skeeter

Maggie McKinnon-Crouch sat down with me to give an exclusive interview in which we delved into Maggie's tragic past. We discussed her parents, her mother Marlene McKinnon was tragically slain in a massacre of her entire family in 1981 towards the end of the war. Her father Barty Crouch Junior died in Azkaban after torturing the Longbottom family and committing various other crimes during the Wizarding War.

The Darling of the Ministry had tears welling in her eyes and guilt weighing heavy on her heart whilst speaking about her infamous father. She admitted to me tearfully that she believed her father deserved the punishment he got and was glad he was dead after he hurt so many people. Maggie McKinnon is a very traumatised young witch who may have entered the tournament to intentionally put herself in danger. I wonder if she should see a mind healer in order to help her stop her destructive tendencies.

I have heard many rumours that Maggie is in a budding romance with Mister Fred Weasley, nephew to the Prewett Twins who were tragically killed during the war. But many are questioning, will Mr. Weasley stick this out or leave the broken girl in even more pieces?

"There is one good thing about this article," Angelina leans forward. "Delacour and Krum won't see you as a threat, she called you weak. Use it to your advantage. Make them all underestimate you"

"Look Like The Innocent Flower, But Be The Serpent Under It," Maggie grins at Angelina.

"Exactly, strike when they least expect it,"