29

"Maggie? The ring started going all haywire, what's-" Fred lifts his hand to show the ring was glowing

Maggie looks up at Fred whose eyes are wide as he takes in the sight before him. His girlfriend standing next to a bin, her cheek bright red with a handprint and a small cut, and his mother was sprawled out on the floor with a bloody nose.

"What the fuck?! Why- What- You knocked my mother out!"

"I didn't mean to-" Maggie says. "She had her wand in my face and you know magic is unpredictable when someone's drunk- Then she hit me so I just-"

"Drunk?" Fred asks. "My mum's not drank since-"

"Fred, just look in the bin," Maggie sighs.

Fred looks in the bin to see the firewhisky bottles and he sighs, pinching his nose before looking at Maggie.

"She hit you?"

"She just didn't want me to tell anyone," Maggie says. "It doesn't hurt honestly"

"She was threatening you as well?"

"Fred she's drunk, I know she wouldn't hurt me if she-"

"No," Fred shakes his head. "She promised- She fucking promised!"

"Fred, she's going through a lot. With Percy and your dad-"

"Don't defend her Maggie," Fred shakes his head. "She fucking hit you! After everything you've been through, she threatened you and hit you!"

"Fred, we just need to get her inside," Maggie says. "She's unwell-"

"Leave her there," Fred shakes his head.

"Fred, it's snowing, we can't leave her out here,"

"I'll give her a blanket,"

Fred storms off and Maggie waits for him to return, staring at the woman on the ground. She watches as Fred roughly tosses a blanket over Molly, who remains unconscious on the ground.

"Fred, we can't leave her outside-"

"I said I'm not helping her!" Fred snaps. "She's fallen off the wagon again and she's already hurt me in the worst way possible. She hurt one of the people I love most because she was ashamed she got caught. No, she's not getting a lick of sympathy from me"

"Freddie?"

George walks into the garden, wrapped in a coat with a hat on his head and a scarf wrapped around his neck. He looks at Fred whose face only holds anger before looking at Maggie who looks torn. His eyes then move to the figure of his mother sprawled on the floor, covered by a blanket.

"She's off the wagon isn't she?" George asks.

"She hit Maggie and was going to curse her," Fred says, shaking his head. "Because Maggie found her a bottle and a half deep. So Maggie punched her in the face"