31

The return to Hogwarts couldn't have come quick enough for Maggie and the Twins

The return to Hogwarts couldn't have come quick enough for Maggie and the Twins. They had been moving heaven and earth in order to avoid the Weasley matriarch. They mostly spent their days in Maggie's room or with Sirius, Remus or Circe.

The goodbyes at the station were short and sweet but the trio avoided Molly who looked heartbroken as she stood a few feet away from her husband, her own bag packed and ready to go to St Mungo's.

Circe presses a kiss to Maggie's forehead before pulling the girl close. The woman then does the same to the twins before waving goodbye to them. The Order had decided for Draco's safety, that he didn't return to Hogwarts so Remus, Sirius and Circe were going to teach him everything he needed to know from the safety of Sirius' house.

The twins and Maggie enter their compartment on the train to be met by a grinning Lee. At the sight of the final piece of their puzzle, they smile back, feeling much better already. But Maggie knew out of both of the twins, Fred had been most affected by that night. He would always have an arm around her waist or be holding her hand whenever he could.

"So how was your lots' Christmas?" Lee asks.

"Yeah, good,"

"Great,"

"Decent,"

"Tell your faces that then," Lee laughs. "What presents did you get?"

"Maggie got Fred and I suits," George says. "Those ones we were eyeing up in Hogsmeade?"

"From that expensive tailor's?" Lee asks and George nods. "To be fair she got me a suit as well"

"It's all for the grand opening," Maggie says.

"Did you get yourself a dress?" George asks.

"Of course I did, I'm not an animal," Maggie scoffs.

"What did Fred get you?" Lee asks Maggie.

"These," Maggie pushes her hair back to reveal a pair of earrings that are silver roses encrusted with pink gemstones. "And some pink-tinted protective goggles"

"Charmed so she can see clearly through them," Fred grins.

"This man has managed to get through two Christmases and a birthday with silver and pink flower jewellery," Lee shakes his head. "I wish it was that easy to buy presents for Ced. Where did you get that watch, Fred? It screams wealth"

"Perks of having a rich girlfriend," George rolls his eyes playfully.

Fred grins proudly, showing off the watch on his wrist. "Maggie has impeccable taste. She got it from a high-end magical jeweller in Diagon Alley. It's a combination of style and functionality."

"And it suits him, doesn't it?" Maggie adds, leaning into Fred with a smile.

"Definitely," Lee chuckles. "Looks like you all had a pretty fancy Christmas. Anything else exciting happen?"

The trio exchanges glances, a momentary silent communication passing between them. Maggie decides to take the lead in responding tactfully, "Well, there were a few unexpected moments, but overall, it was great. How about yours, Lee?"

"Same old, same old," Lee replies. "Spent some time with the family, exchanged gifts, you know the drill. My mum met Ced. She adores him, tells him he's got hero hair"

"Hero hair?" Fred asks.

"No idea mate, but at least she likes him," Lee shrugs. "She wasn't sure about him at first but he won her over"

"Is that owl trying to get in here?" Fred frowns, looking at the owl that was desperately trying to keep up with the train.

"Well let in it you idiot," George says.

The owl flies into the open window and flops onto the floor. The four friends share a look as George nudges the bird with his foot. The owl shoots up, wings flapping causing them all to let out surprised shouts, grabbing onto each other as the bird flies frantically around the compartment.

"Someone stun it!"

"It shat on me!"

"IMMOBULUS!"

The owl stops midflight, its eyes wide in confusion as Lee looks at his stained t-shirt with a grimace. Fred reaches up and plucks the letter off of its leg as Maggie gently strokes the bird's head, gently placing the bird on the bench of the compartment.

"It's for you," Fred hands Maggie the letter.

"For me?"

With a frown on her face, she unrolls the parchment and read the contents. As she reads the words written on the parchment, her face turns ashen and her lips part in shock. Her hands start to tremble, and she crumples the letter into a ball before throwing it out of the window.

"What was it?" Fred asks, looking at Maggie's face.

"Just some stupid joke,"

Where is my son Miss McKinnon? I know you
and your precious Order have him hidden. Rest
assured, I will find him. Then I will make you pay.
L.M

M