3

After her meeting with Amelia, everyone at Grimmauld Place noticed Maggie seemed happier

After her meeting with Amelia, everyone at Grimmauld Place noticed Maggie seemed happier. There were still times when the witch would shut herself away, only allowing the twins or Flopsy to enter but the frequency of those had lessened.

"Maggie?"

Maggie looks up to see Sirius leaning against the doorframe. The man cared for Maggie deeply, she knew that much and it was reciprocated. Their bond had only grown stronger when the man had told her that he was one of her godfathers.

Apparently, her mother wasn't a traditional woman and had given Maggie four godparents. Her godmothers had been Harry's mother Lily Potter and a woman by the name of Dorcas Meadowes. Her godfathers were Sirius and Remus Lupin, arguably the best Professor she had been taught by. Part of her decision to give Maggie four godparents stemmed from her fear of the war and how many lives it was taking.

"Oh hey Sirius," Maggie smiles at the man, putting down the book that she was reading. "How many times have I told you? Mags is fine,"

"You mind an old man's company?"

"You're not old," Maggie tuts, shaking her head. "Besides, this is your living room. Come take a seat"

Sirius smiles at the witch, joining her on the large sofa. He turns his body so his legs are stretched out, allowing Maggie to drape her legs over his.

"You doing okay?" Sirius asks, jutting his chin at the newspaper that had been discarded on the table.

BARTY CROUCH JR RECEIVES DEMENTOR'S KISS DUE TO MINISTRY FUMBLE

"Strangely enough, I think I feel better after seeing that," Maggie shrugs. "He's still alive but he's not that evil person anymore. He's just a shell. He can't hurt innocent people anymore. I suppose that's still closure in a way"

"He can't hurt you," Sirius adds.

"Part of me will always hurt knowing he lived while my mother didn't," Maggie sighs. "People always say good wins but to me, him living while she's dead doesn't feel like a win. You stuck in this house while Peter Pettigrew runs free doesn't feel like a win"

"Yes, me being stuck in this godawful place sucks," Sirius hums. "But I'm alive, I get to see you and Harry, I get to plot revenge on Pettigrew. You're alive too, Mags, your mother lives on through you. I see so much of her in you"

"Everyone says I look like her,"

"No, not just that," Sirius shakes his head. "Yes, you look like your mum but you are so much like her in so many other ways"

"Did you know her well?"

"I did," Sirius nods. "I can tell you some stuff about her if you like?"

"You'd do that?"

"Godfatherly duties, remember?" Sirius jokes and Maggie smiles.

"Did I hear godfatherly duties?" Remus' head pops into the room, a tray of steaming mugs in his hands.