4

Maggie stares up at the house in front of her, nibbling on her lip nervously

Maggie stares up at the house in front of her, nibbling on her lip nervously. She knew all of the demons that lurked in the shadows were gone now but the walls held memories. Memories of the worst parts of Maggie's life.

"You don't have to do this today," Fred whispers.

"I know," Maggie squeezes his hand. "I want to"

Fred, Maggie, Remus, Flopsy and a large shaggy dog enter through the front door. As soon as the front door is closed, Flopsy clicks her fingers and all the curtains close tightly as the lights flicker on.

"At least there's no house elf heads," Sirius says, now back in human form. "Where do you want us Mags?"

"The library?" Maggie suggests. "Just pack all of the books up. Throw out any portraits. Or burn them. I don't care. It's through there and on your left"

"Flopsy will begin to deal with the furniture," The house elf beams proudly and Maggie nods.

"Thank you, Flopsy,"

Maggie grabs Fred's hand and begins pulling him up the stairs. She stares at the door in front of her and takes a deep breath before pushing the door open.

"Oh my-" Maggie breathes out.

The back wall room was covered in newspaper clippings of Harry from 1981 to the start of the previous academic year. There was a section dedicated to Mad-Eye Moody, detailing the Auror's descent into madness. Scattered across the wall were pieces of parchment with scribbled writing on them,

"He'd been planning it for-"

"Fourteen years," Fred says.

"Fred, can you go downstairs, into the basement?" Maggie asks. "There's a load of trunks down there, I'm gonna take all of this stuff with us. See if I can find anything about what he's been planning or what's coming next"

"Yeah, course," Fred nods, pressing a kiss on Maggie's forehead before exiting the room.

"It's the door next to the kitchen sink!" Maggie calls after him.

Fred walks into the basement, his wand raised and he notices another door in the corner of the room. He furrows his brows as he walks over to the door, his curiosity guiding his feet. He reaches out and twists the doorknob, pulling it open and his eyes widen in horror.

Behind the door was a small room, barely big enough for Fred to comfortably stand in. The walls were covered in a faded layer of paint that had been marred by deep nail marks and streaks of rust-coloured old blood. The entire floor was stained with old blood but the most horrifying part was in the centre of the small room.

The room was small and dimly lit. As Fred entered, his eyes were drawn to the metal chains bolted to the floor. Attached to the chains were cuffs - two for the ankles and two for the wrists. Their surface was stained with what appeared to be dried blood. As he lifted the cuffs up for a closer look, his gaze shifted to the door.