6

The dining room was in uproar, voices rising as they tried to drown each other out to get their point across

The dining room was in uproar, voices rising as they tried to drown each other out to get their point across. Maggie and Remus remain silent, waiting for the noise to die down before approaching the situation with rationality.

"Okay!" Remus calls over the noise. "Let's all just calm down"

The man's words are ignored as everyone continues shouting at one another, disagreeing on the best course of action. Word had been received that Harry had been expelled for casting a patronus in Surrey after being attacked by dementors.

"ENOUGH!" Maggie shouts and everyone turns to look at her. "Took you all bloody long enough. Now, sit down and talk. Like the adults that you all are"

"I will not be lectured by a child-" Mad-Eye begins to complain.

"Shut it!" The witch snaps. "Right, now that there's some quiet in the room, we can actually come up with a plan of action. Remus, what do we know?"

"Harry and his cousin were attacked by dementors," The man says. "In the middle of Muggle Surrey. The cousin has been taken to hospital by his parents so Harry is in the house alone"

"Okay," Maggie nods. "So, we go and get him from the house. He's clearly not safe. However, there is one thing that's nagging my brain. Voldemort hasn't seized control of dementors-"

"Yet," Mad-Eye grunts.

"Will you let me get to my bloody point?" Maggie snaps. "Yets and eventuallys don't matter right now. My point is if the dementors are under Ministry control-"

"It's likely the dementors were sent by someone in the Ministry," Sirius finishes and Maggie nods.

"Exactly,"

"We want to help!" Fred says as he and George enter the room.

"You two, out!" Molly exclaims.

"No, we're of age," Fred shakes his head. "Don't make us go over your head because we'll owl Dumbledore"

"They have a point, Molly," Arthur sighs, rubbing a hand over his face.

"Fine, but you two better listen to what's being said and not make any reckless decisions," Molly warns.

"We promise," George assures her.

"Alright, back to the situation at hand," Remus says. "We need to assume the Ministry might be involved. Sneaking into Harry's house without Ministry detection is the utmost priority. Any ideas Mags?"

"Brooms," Maggie shrugs. "Apparition is traceable, so is floo"

"So it's decided, we leave in an hour,"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"Cute," Maggie hums, staring at the small house they had just landed in front of.