Chapter 23

Naina was very embarrassed because she had told a lot to Vikram but when Vikram explained it to her, she understood. And she's coming down the stairs shyly thinking about her first kiss. Then suddenly Ved comes in front of her. Naina jumps and looks at Ved and says, "Ved, I would have fallen right now, does anyone come like this?"

"Oh sorry sorry, actually I'm very excited to tell you something."

Asking, she moves ahead and Ved follows her. "Vidhi's birthday is coming" she looks at him surprised just then Vikram has come downstairs and he looks at Naina once and then asks ved  what is going on.

Naina becomes completely silent after seeing Vikram. "Nothing bhaiya, I was telling bhabhi about Vidhi's birthday." Vikram raises his eyebrows and looks at Naina with a sideways glance and says "hm... So what did you think?"

Ved then starts telling Vikram about his plans.

Naina takes out sweets from the kitchen which her father had sent for all this. And she gives it to Vedansh, He says I will go to Vidhi, she will also eat.

Vikram looks at Naina who is keeping the other things inside the fridge. He moves towards her and stands very close to her. And bends down towards her and whispers into her ears "where is my sweets" Naina flinches when she suddenly sees her husband so close to her.

She doesn't say anything and gives it to him in another bowl. He is looking at her closely and when she offers the bowl towards him, he does not take it. She sees that he is not taking it so she looks at him and picks up the spoon and moves it towards him so that he can take it in his hand. But Vikram extends his hand towards her and holds her hand and takes it towards his mouth and eats it looking into her eyes. After eating it, he moves towards her, "although I was not talking about this sweet, but for now I can manage with this." And he takes that bowl and another spoon and goes away from there.

Naina who is holding her breath she takes after he leaves.

It was already late at night, vidhi is watching the pictures of her dad and mom and she is in their lap. She doesn't want to feel it but she is sad that her dad is hurt.  "I'm sorry mom, I am so bad, you must be angry with me that dad is so hurt and I am not even talking to him."

She hugs that picture, she wants to go to him, she wants her dad to hug her but she has been very rude to him. And she is feeling very guilty, she gets up from the bed. Then Naina comes there and Vidhi quickly hides the picture under her pillow.

Naina comes to him and sits near her, "what happened Bhabhi, did you want something?" She looks very nice to her, then her eyes fall under the pillow and she reaches her hand there and takes out the picture.

Naina looks at the picture in which Rajendra is in his younger version and there is a lady near him who is very beautiful and has a royal look. There is a different sparkle in his eyes and he has a small child in his lap. Naina still looks at Vidhi who is looking at her with interest.

"Who is she.....

After long pause...

"Mom..

"You are missing her; I have never seen it so don't remember anything but..." At the end, her voice trembles and hence so she becomes silent.

She hugs her and Vidhi starts crying which she has been controlling for a long time.
Vidhi hugs Naina tightly and she starts crying. Naina's embrace is making her feel good.

Naina handles her and says, "we are feeling so sad for what we don't have, but we should take care of what you have."

I caress her hair and tell that "she will be sad to see that you are not talking to your dad." Vidhi stops crying and looks at her. "It is clearly visible from dad's eyes that he wants to see both of you. His eyes are on the gate at this time to see when you both go to him."

She wipe her tears and says "did he tell you?"

Naina moves her hand towards her cheeks and wipe her tears "no but his eyes were telling something else." Give him a chance child, how much trouble will he be in at this moment, if you meet him and don't talk to him then how will the problem be solved?"

He loves both of you very much. Vidhi again breaks down and says "you know I was very scared when I saw him like this I wanted to go to him. But I had behaved very rudely with him."

Naina hugs her, on the other hand Ved is standing at the gate, he listens to all of them and he also becomes very emotional. Somewhere he also wants him to slap him twice and says that I did wrong to him but he always talked to me lovingly.

He sees that bhabhi is hugging Vidhi, he also becomes more emotional and goes near them and hugs Naina from behind.

Naina is trying to silence Vidhi and suddenly someone hugs her from behind and she realizes that it is Ved. She realizes that she has listened to him so much, so she also goes ahead and says "that you two should talk to dad and I don't want to hear anything."

They both look towards Naina after hearing this. "And you both did not give me any gift either, I am asking something from both of you that you both fulfill my wish." Both of them agree to Naina's suggestion and go from there to Rajendra's room.

Rajendra is looking at Vikram who is giving him medicine. He knows that his child was very troubled because of him. But now there is a different glimpse in his eyes and he knows the reason for it, perhaps Naina.

Then Ved and Vidhi come there and Rajendra stops after seeing them Because he has come after a long time. His children have now come to meet him whereas he was yearning to see their faces since morning. A smile comes on his face seeing their scared faces and how innocent they look.

Vikram sees them and calls them "Now, how are you, dad?" After hearing this from Vidhi, both of them look at her with surprise.

"Say it again, " Raj says he can't believe it. Vidhi blinks her eyes and says "dad."

"We are very sorry dad", Raj looks at Ved, who always calls him ACP, he is calling him dad.

Raj calls them to him, they both slowly come to him and sit near him. "We had forgotten that we don't have a mother but you are there" and Raj embraces her. He feels a lot better now because he knows what both of them are thinking and he doesn't want to make them feel guilty.

Vikram smiles seeing this beautiful scene. And he leaves from there.

....

Vikram is doing some work in the office when Naina walks in and puts coffee on his table. She says softly, Coffee. Vikram sees that Naina has brought coffee for him and she turns but he grabs her hand and pulls her towards him. And she goes straight and falls in his lap. Vikram catches her properly with his hand.

"What are you doing?" She widens her eyes seeing this action of Vikram. "Thank you for understanding Vidhi and Ved," Naina looks into his eyes and Vikram looks at her with respect.

I hope you like it.
Do vote and comment.