Chapter 25

I went in for a quick workout as soon as I woke up and I'm now getting ready to go for brunch.

God what should I even wear?

All I know is that Michigan girls are hot and so I don't wanna look like musty.

I am representing Cali.

Can't do her dirty or whatever.

You know what I'm going to do my makeup first.

I apply some concealer under my eyes and put some blush on the apples of my cheeks.

Okay I should probably fill in my brows too.

I grab my eyebrow pencil and fill in my brows lightly.

Now for some lip gloss.

In the words of Serena van der Woodsen, "lipstick lasts longer but gloss is more fun."

I'm leaving tonight so whatever I wear right now is what I'll wear to the airport.

That's when I suddenly get a text.

"Hey let me know when you're ready! We can go together in my car."- Hala

Zara you need to hurry up.

I grab a matching set that I have and slip it on.

I then look at myself in the mirror, not gonna lie this set is pretty cute.

Okay I definitely need to wear a coat because it is cold cold here.

Alright now for the finishing touches.

My Louis Vuitton bag and hijab.

Oh and my shoes too.

I text Hala back, "I'm ready!"

She almost instantly texts me back. "Send me the addy."

***
    Hala is literally "that girl." Not only is she pretty and smart but her car is so nice too.

She drives a white Audi A5. Which honestly suits her very well.

"I won't even lie girl whoever is going to marry you is going to beg you take 500k as their mehr." Which causes Hala to laugh.

"If that's mine then yours is definitely at 1 million." I make a confused face and she gives me a look back.

"Come on your whole family is khaleeji level rich. You're a HIJABI quarterback who is hopefully inshallah playing for Michigan."

This time I laugh, "Oh come on I'm not all that."

"Girl stop being this humble, you're literally hot too. Mashallah, I promise I'm not trying to give you evil eye here."

We stop at a red light and she turns to look at me.

"Okay look I know we just met but I'm gonna give you some advice as a big sister."

She continues on, "Look you got it all but one thing you're missing is confidence. Be confident and believe you're the sh*t and watch how your life will transform."

She's right I'm literally the most insecure person ever.

"I'm not saying this to make you feel bad for anything but I'm saying this because I used to be like you. And trust me girl insecurity is what is used to take advantage of a person. I don't know your full story but just know whatever happened or whatever anyone said about you is all bull."

I nod my head, "Yeah it is definitely something I need to work on."

"And that's fine girl it won't just happen in one day. It takes time. Tell yourself affirmations and believe that you deserve good things."