Chapter 5

I make my way onto the field and coach whistles at me, "KHAN YOU'RE LATE."

I ended up going to Starbucks after the bell rang.

Hey don't judge me I was craving the Mango dragonfruit refresher.

"Sorry coach." I say as I go up to the team.

"Be like your friend over here, he came extra early." He says and I raise a brow.

Who in the name of God is he referring to?

"Which friend?"

He points at Haris and my eyes widened, "He's on the team? Already?"

Haris smirks and I roll my eyes, he seems way too confident already.

"Yeah he was really interested." Coach says and he gives him a smile afterwards.

Ugh he is definitely going to be coach's favorite.

"Now I want y'all to go to the track and run 10 laps. After that I want you guys back on the field." Coach says as he slightly kicks the turf.

10 laps?

That's wonderful.

Thanks coach! You are the best.

I really don't want to run 10 laps.

"NOW GO WHY ARE YOU GUYS STILL HERE?" He says in the loudest voice ever and we jog to the track.

****
     Currently I'm the one who is leading in the track. Chanel was beside me for a bit but she ends up falling behind.

My forehead drips with sweat so I take the sleeve of my shirt to wipe it.

Ew.

I can't wait to take a shower after this.

"Hi Zara." I hear a voice beside me say.

I look over and see Haris.

"Hi."

It is crazy to me how coach was that impressed by him. Honestly I don't know how he managed to get into the team like that.

Drey's skill level is seriously out of this world. Does Haris even play football?

He must be better than the idiot back up we have.

"Do you even play football?" I ask Haris and he gives me a look.

"No I have never played it in my whole life. I didn't even know what the game was until coach came to me."

Oh my God.

He's literally just as sarcastic as I am.

I roll my eyes and laugh, "Wow you're so funny."

"Well I used to play at my old school. Not as a linebacker but I think I'll be able to play this position."

Interesting.

So he plays football.

He definitely has the right physique for it.

"That's cool."

It was honestly a really nice day outside, it wasn't too hot but definitely not cold either because this is fricking LA.

"So what's your deal? Why football?"

I get this question so much. It's honestly not even deep it's just a fun sport.

"I just like the sport there isn't anything else to it." It's seriously so exciting, that rush of adrenaline you get when you're playing is seriously so thrilling.

Watching it is also so exciting, I'm a big fan of the Wolverines in college football.

In terms of the NFL I'm obsessed with the chargers, I'll always represent them. They haven't been having the best seasons but it's okay, we'll make it one day.

****
     Practice was a pain in the a** today, taking a cold shower afterwards was probably one of the most relaxing things ever.

Once I was done showering and changing into new clothes, I make my way with Chanel to the parking lot.

"Chanel you need a ride?" I ask and she nods, "Yeah I got dropped off today."

We hop into my magical whip and Chanel shakes her hair and says, "I'm picking the song."

I giggle and hand over my phone, "Go ahead."

She decides to play the slowed down version of 'Cash Cow' by Gunna.

"Yo this song cranks, you have good music taste." I say as I reverse my car out of the parking lot.

"Hell yeah, so do you."

I grin, "No wonder why we are friends, we are so alike."

I roll my windows down and turn the music up.

"PENTHOUSE SUITE AT THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN." We say in unison at the top of our lungs.

We stop at a red light and a dude in a Toyota pulls up right next to us.

"Wassup mamis." He says and I raise a brow. I look over at Chanel and she makes a face at him and turns to look at me.

She whispers in my ear, "Don't say anything instead wait till the light turns green and gas it. Leave this weirdo in the smoke."

Huh good idea.

Honestly I'm going to do a launch. The light is about to turn green I can already tell, so I think I'll be able to do it.

I put my foot on the break, I then put my other foot on the accelerator.

The light turns green so I remove my foot off the brake and...

Zoom.

The car gets left wayy behind us and I laugh.

"That was so bad*** and fun. Those creeps totally didn't see that coming." Chanel says as she looks back.

"Heck yeah." I extend my arm to give her a high five,

———————————————————————
End of chapter! Sorry for the delay I've been so busy and I came down with a cold. :( I'm recovering though but I honestly can't complain there are people who have corona. I hope I manage to write more before school starts inshAllah! Anyways stay safe guys, love you all.