Prologue

Anannya's POV 

"WAKE UP ANNA!!! How long are you gonna sleep?"

"AHHH" I grunted because of my mom's yelling "Oh god can't I even sleep it's just...." I checked my phone and horror crossed my face "Shittt It's freaking 12!!!!!" 

"Yes it is 12, why do you sleep so late, and then wake up so late your routine is so ruined. I tell you so many times it's not good for your health......" She kept on going and I ignored her as usual, I sighed. What a great morning! "Now are you just gonna be in your bed or get up?"

"I am getting up, you don't need to yell so early in the morning" That's when I made a mistake, I shouldn't have said that.

"MORNING? My sweet little daughter, it's noon already" She took a minute and looked around and I knew what she was going to say "Look at your room, it seems an earthquake occurred Guests are coming when will you be responsible?"

 I got up from the bed and mouthed her usual words. Until she said, guests.

"Guests?" I asked my mom with the obvious 'I am confused' Face.

"Yes, guests, Reena called me this morning they are coming, and by they I mean Aashi, Ishaan all of them. Now will you please make some effort to clean your messed up room?" 

She left. And I was here like lightning had stuck my life. All the memories flooded with the waves of laughter echoing in my head. 

"Do you like someone?"

"Yes"

"Who is it?"

"You, I like you." 

I had no idea my stupid question would make him confess his feelings to me. My reaction was even more stupider, I kicked him. Yes. I waved everything off, consoling myself by assuming he must have forgotten now. RIGHT?!?

 Ishaan was my childhood friend and I hadn't met him for years. We met in Hyderabad but then I shifted to Delhi and so did he to Aligarh and then to Noida, which connects all the dots. My parents were currently looking to buy flats to invest in an estate and I heard them talking about Noida. No wonder this surprise visit took place after so many years. Right now I was both nervous and excited. I don't know why I was nervous our mothers were in touch but we weren't. I mean, of course, I am 12 now and when we last met I was 7. He must be 14 now. Years had passed, does he still remember me, does he still remember what he said, what he felt? Is he as curious as I am, Anxious as I am?
Am I being dramatic?
Yes.
Am I gonna do something about it?
Absolutely not.

Ishaan's POV

So it's finally time, I was meeting her after so long. I was excited. I wanted to know how she had grown, how she looked now, she was really beautiful and cute back then, I am pretty sure she'll be much more beautiful now. Does she remember what I said back then? I don't know if I even want her to remember.

"Why are your cheeks all red, do you have a fever?" my sister said which caught my mother's attention. GOD are all sisters so annoying or I got a special edition!!!

"What's wrong, who has a fever?" my mom rushed worrying.

"NO one mom, you know how she's always just exaggerating things" I defended myself, Indian moms are just some extra worried.

"His cheeks are all red" she pointed, this brat!
I quickly covered my cheeks.

"You're right they are, let me check" She touched my forehead "You're okay, then why are your cheeks so red?"