Chapter - 1

5 Years Later...

Anannya's POV

"You took your passport ?" My mom yelled from the kitchen, why are all mothers so restless? 

"Yes Mom" I yelled back while checking things out of my list.

"What about your ticket?" she came into my room with a spatula in one hand. I sighed and walked towards her.

"Mom you don't have to worry everything will be alright" I held her hands, It was the first time I was going to an unknown city I understood why she was worried and emotional.

"There is no use of telling her that, she always worries" My father entered, "Our daughter has grown up a lot, she is mature," He looked at me "Aren't you?"

I smiled at him 

"I am" 

Even though I was pretending to be alright a lot was going on inside me, how will I live alone, how will I handle things?

He placed his hand on my head "I am proud of you".

"You don't know anything, she is just pretending to be calm and panicking on the inside". My mother snapped at him.

What in hell!! Did she read my mind? My mother looked at me with sympathetic eyes."Child, It's okay to panic, we all do. You are much stronger than you think and you will do it, I know you better than you" I hugged my mom, she always understands me, Dad cleared his throat to show his presence I chuckled and hugged him as well, they are the most supportive parents ever, and I love them.

We all were getting emotional when I sniffed the burning smell "Mom, you did switch off the stove, right?" My mom's eyes widened and she rushed. Me and my dad started laughing.

"Don't worry Anna, you'll do it"

Yes Dad I will"
...................................................................................................................................

"Eat your food on time and keep your room clean"

"Yes Mom, I will don't worry, take care of yourself, and don't you dare skip your medicines."

"Study Hard, and pursue your dream." My flight was being announced,

 "Mom, Dad I think I should go I am getting late." I hugged my parents and bid them goodbye. I took a deep breath
"Now you're on your own." I said to myself. I checked in and sat on my seat. I was so nervous the whole time that I couldn't eat anything, it was a 2hr flight anyway and how those 2 hrs I spent only I know, one part of me just wanted to make go back somehow, back to my parents, my comfort zone but the other was strong, every time I felt to give up I thought of the struggles I went through to come till here, I can't look back now, since I was 13 I dreamed of being a fashion designer, If we look back it was 13 when I realised when I was a kid I used to dress my dolls up, cutting some old clothes and then making new for them, I practically started designing at the age of 11, it was difficult to be sure what I wanted, to convince my parents, they were never opposing me but they were afraid if this is the right decision. I studied a lot for my NIFT exam, I still remember the result day, my heart was pounding as hell. 

'"Result came?" my mom asked me for the thousandth time with an incense stick, I mean it was already decided whether I'd pass or fail I just needed to see the result, praying now didn't make much of a difference, but again its better to be quiet when it comes to religious things.