Ch-6

Ishaan's POV

Here she goes roasting me again. But the proud smile she wears when she just drops the mic. I live for it. 

I jumped on my bed. "Are you sure you wanna sleep there?" I asked one last time in hope she might have changed her mind.

"Yeah." She replied dryly.

Lights were off and the room was awkwardly silent I could feel the discomfort from every corner.

"So.....excited to live in Mumbai?"
I asked breaking the ice, this room was full of awkwardness and I just couldn't take it anymore. 

"Well, I am excited, I have heard and seen in movies and stuff that this city is famous for its nightlife and partying but I don't know if I'll fit in." Her voice grew hesitant as she spoke.

"No, I mean yeah people do party all night and stuff but there are many other beautiful things here where you can find peace in solitude."

I didn't know she had this misconception about Mumbai but honestly, I won't blame her that's what everyone shows about Mumbai it's all about the clubbing and all and ignores the culture, history and authenticity of this place.

"Peace and Mumbai? That sounds metaphorical."

"You don't believe me do you?"

"Umm....Not really."

I feel attacked now, I love this city and I just wanted to prove to her that Mumbai is not only what is shown but much more.

"Wanna bet?"

I regretted it instantly not because I wouldn't be able to prove it but because of the tone in what I said it was super challenging and this tone provoked every beast in her.

"Are you challenging me?" Here she goes. What devil I have provoked.