Chapter - 2

Ishaan's POV

I opened the door of my flat while she was just looking around with the luggage that she insisted on carrying even after I was offering help, typical Anannya, she has always been this way she'll never ask for help until it is vital, basically even if she was dying she will try every single thing to survive by herself before asking help, EVERY SINGLE THING.

"Come on in" I welcomed her, and she gave me a shy smile before entering and the moment she entered, my house had already become home, I felt the vibes rushing as if the dull view had become so lightened up.

"Your house looks clean is it because I came, or it is this way always?" she side-eyed me.

"I am a clean person...." She nodded as I said"Unlike you" I whispered in my lowest voice but she heard it.

"I keep my place clean.." She paused for a moment when I eyed her, "Sometimes." she resumed. We both burst into laughter. I saw her smile for the first time in 3 years, her smile was still the same, it still made my heart beat faster, and it still made me happy.

I mean how can it not,  her dimple on her left cheek, her eyes forming a crescent moon with the same shine, the way she looks down and meets my eyes again......I guess this is more than enough for anyone to know how much I missed her.

"Oh god, you haven't changed at all, 'the clean freak Ish'." Hearing Ish from her mouth was different, I heard that name after a long time.

"What?" she asked as I was lost at the sound of my name from her mouth.

"Nothing" I walked towards the kitchen and she tagged along.

"We were laughing and suddenly you were just....lost." I sighed

"You called me Ish." Her smile faded; none of us can deny that this tension between us was growing.

"I am sorry, it's just my habit..I-" Her eyes were full of guilt.

"Hey....I was happy" She looked at me with a confused look. "I felt at home when you called me by Ish, I liked it. I missed being called that."

Her smile was once again arranged beautifully. We both were standing in the middle of the kitchen looking at each other. I just wanted to hug her right away. I don't know why, I just wanted to hold her in my arms and never let her go, tell her that she belonged to me, and I would never leave her........again, as I did before.

She shook her head, staring at the floor. "I uh" She cleared her throat "I am hungry" She smiled at me, but that fake smile I could make out easily.

Faded dimple, uneasiness in eyes, scratching her neck. But I decided not to speak about it and make it more awkward than already it is...

"You wanna order something or should I make some dinner?" I asked her to lighten up the mood, which very much did work.

"YOU?" Her eyes widened.

"Yes, Me" I frowned at her shocked face.

"YOU can cook?" She gazed at me mockingly, hiding her smile.

I scoffed at her reaction, "What would you like to have ma'am, salad, french toast, pasta, sandwich...." I asked playing along.

"I would like to have Pasta." Her voice was full of excitement. She was looking like a child, with glowing eyes, and a mischievous smile, away from all the troubles, Happy. "Hellooo, are you afraid now," she smirked waking me up from my thoughts.

"Me? And afraid?" She giggled "You go, wash up and your pasta will be ready in no time" I bent to her height and looked directly into her hazel eyes, every second I could see a new colour and I would love to spend all day exploring every shade.

"I should probably go now." She was still drowned in my eyes.

"Yes, you should" I mumbled when I wanted anything but her to leave, but if she stayed one more minute this distance between us wouldn't be longer, my gaze deepened and she gulped, I glanced at her lips, and the urge to to taste them, to feel them came rushing back with some memories.

"Will you miss me?" I asked her, I wanted to tell her everything, everything I ever felt.

"Of course..... NOT" I smiled at her reply. I just can't keep it in my heart anymore I need to get it out.

I stopped right away. "What's wrong, you forgot something?" I grabbed her shoulders ignoring whatever she said and stared into her eyes seeking the answer to the question I didn't ask.

"I want to tell you something....But I can't, not right now." I sighed My heart could explode any second now as I spoke. "But I will someday, will you wait for me?" I pulled her closer. "Answer me, Anannya will you wait for me?"